No announcement yet.

So why did Don King . . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So why did Don King . . .

So why did Don King despise Larry Holmes?

We can all understand the reverse but why do I keep running into written anecdotes and video clips that suggest King held a personal dislike for Holmes and didn't actually like promoting his fights.

Is there any truth to these rumors?

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

We can all understand the reverse but why do I keep running into written anecdotes and video clips that suggest King held a personal dislike for Holmes and didn't actually like promoting his fights.

I think Holmes lacked in personality and charisma making him a difficult sell for King. I also believe Holmes to be very outspoken and probably told King what he thought of him more than once during their dealings.
    Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

- - Did anyone but his wife and kids like Lar?

Lar don't even like hisself, hence his MASSIVE insecurity complex. What champion calls out Butterbean to get Knocked down and mocked in the ring. Not even Neon Leon could do such a thing.

Comment

Working...
      X