Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Petrov on his victory over Papazov, on facing Rudd next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Petrov on his victory over Papazov, on facing Rudd next

Lightweight contender Petr Petrov (33-4) won his opening bout of the ESPN Friday Night Fights Boxcino tournament this past Friday in Laughlin, Nevada against Fedor Papazov.

Petrov said that he had to make changes to his training due to the fact that the tournament fights are all six rounds in length. The traditionally slow starter said that he had to make sure that he got off to a faster start in this fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I liked that boxcino card. Petrov I think stops Rudd.

Comment

Let's go Rudd!! TN in the building!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        I liked that boxcino card. Petrov I think stops Rudd.
        I had no expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

As for the semis. I heart is with Rudd. But I'll honestly be surprised if he sees the 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          I had no expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

As for the semis. I heart is with Rudd. But I'll honestly be surprised if he sees the 2nd round.
          Yeah, I think Petrov is just too polished and experienced. Rudd is wide with his shots.

Hope Rudd has a good showing. From just the little I saw on the little interview they had, he seemed like a nice, low key dude.

And I was a little surprised when Petrov's interview came on and, boom, he is speaking in fluent Spanish.

Comment

Petrov SHOULD destroy Rudd. Rudd is WEAK... so was his opponent. Either wouldn't make it out of the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              Yeah, I think Petrov is just too polished and experienced. Rudd is wide with his shots.

Hope Rudd has a good showing. From just the little I saw on the little interview they had, he seemed like a nice, low key dude.

And I was a little surprised when Petrov's interview came on and, boom, he is speaking in fluent Spanish.
              They're two different classes of fighters. I'm rooting for Rudd simply because he's from TN and so am I. But for a guy like that who clearly is never gonna be a champion. And who basically boxes because he likes it and its a lil bit of supplement imcome. I was extremely happy to just see him get another payday. His ceiling is maybe top 20-30. He showed some toughness. And a willingness to engage and make an action fight. Hopefully this platform will get him some cracks at some prospects on the rise in TV fights in the next couple years.

Comment

I wasn't impressed by Rudd at all.

Petrov on the other hand looked good. He should beat Rudd fairly easily.

Comment

I think it's going to end up being Petrov and the Mexican who scored the KO to end the show. And that will be a great fight with the winner getting great exposure and a fan base

Comment

Working...
                  X