No announcement yet.

Best Stress-Busting Exercises

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Stress-Busting Exercises

Stress is a fact of life, but it can be a double-edged sword. In small doses, it can boost alertness and performance. But when you’re constantly stressed because of the covid 19 pandemic, that can have a significant downside.

“We have this really incredible stress response system in the body that’s equipped to turn on and gear up when demands exceed capacity,” says Chelsi Day, a sports psychologist with the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

What are your best stress-busting exercises?

There’s a place enoshima where you can walk on river stones … lengthwise pointing up.

ive yet to complete that walk

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      There’s a place enoshima where you can walk on river stones … lengthwise pointing up.

ive yet to complete that walk
      Enoshima is Japan, am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by shootingcrew View Post

Enoshima is Japan, am I right?
        Yes and I chase young Japanese females. Unsuccessful

Comment

Depending on how you’re feeling, stress may make you crave doing something either relaxing or adrenaline-pumping. I have two forms of movement that give me joy and help me destress, the physical practice of yoga and strength training.
          Citizen Koba Citizen Koba likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by latinbay View Post
            Depending on how you’re feeling, stress may make you crave doing something either relaxing or adrenaline-pumping. I have two forms of movement that give me joy and help me destress, the physical practice of yoga and strength training.
            That's good, atleast you live a balance life. Do you go to the gym for strength training or you do it at home?

Comment

Put on the gloves and throw down with somebody. After that, you will see that whatever was stressing you wasn't nothin'. It just works like that.............Rockin'
              Last edited by Rockin'; 09-05-2021, 03:25 PM.
              Citizen Koba Citizen Koba likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                Put on the gloves and throw down with somebody. After that, you will see that whatever was stressing you wasn't nothin'. It just works like that.............Rockin'
                100p it's boxing, for me. If I'm boxing I can even be inspired to do non-boxing workouts because I feel like they're preparing me for the gym. If I'm not boxing, I won't run, I won't do intense workouts. But, if I'm doing those things so I can put in more/better rounds, I'll do them. So, even when I'm not at the gym, boxing makes me better.
                Rockin'1 Rockin'1 likes this.

Comment

Fight, ****... or laugh

Gonna sound proper daft to some of you but:

Laughter provides a full-scale workout for your muscles and unleashes a rush of stress-busting endorphins. Since our bodies cannot distinguish between real and fake laughter, anything that makes you giggle will have a positive impact. You do not need to be happy or have a sense of humour to benefit from a good laugh.

I'm biased though cos helping run Laughter Yoga or therapy sessions is how I pay for my summer holidays traipsing around hippy festivals.. You think it ain't exercise? Try seriously laughing hard for 10 minutes non stop tell me you ain't worn out.

Comment

It's essential to find the best stress relief option for yourself. Sometimes I go to the gym and work out hard, sometimes shopping helps me a lot. It may be weird but it really works for me. It distracts and all the problems are disappearing. By the way, how to contact ? I have some problems with my last order.
                    Last edited by Redere; 06-19-2022, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X