<#webadvjs#>

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just how good is army trainin for boxing??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
    The royal navy/royal marines and army both have very good boxing gyms and teams. The navy has like 10 people ranked top 10 in UK, army even better. The gyms prefer to teach people speed rather than raw power in a civii gym, ignore people who say army is for military only, as it takes sport very seriously. the army will get you fit to start boxing training, but obviously the stamina for punching etc will come from boxing training itself.
    That's different, that's boxing training in the army. The actual Army and military training itself is useless for boxing. Stuff like marching, drill and carrying a burgen will do you no good otherwise top boxers would be doing it.

I was in the Corp of the Royal Engineers Regiment for a while and it is true that they have some decent AM's but in general they have **** standards in their gyms for coaching and sparring. Alot of the lads who do well in the team use to box before and had alot of AM experience as juniors. For them the coaching and sparring is not so important as they have alot of bouts and can motivate themselves. The PT sessions are bollocks and are too light for boxing.

Comment

Guys thank u all so much for ur feedback... havent been able to reply as quick as i wanted to as ive already started my own intense training before my medical and fitness tests.

Special thanks to Alza and Oriachim, however all of ur views are much appreciated.

Going back to what someone (think it was oriachim.. im not sure) said about lack of food options, thats just 1 reason why i originally posted this question. I wanted to find out whether boxing in the army is progressful in ur boxing abbility even without the luxury of being spoilt of choice at home when it comes to diet.

Again thank you all for ur views

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis Vastine View Post
        That's different, that's boxing training in the army. The actual Army and military training itself is useless for boxing. Stuff like marching, drill and carrying a burgen will do you no good otherwise top boxers would be doing it.

I was in the Corp of the Royal Engineers Regiment for a while and it is true that they have some decent AM's but in general they have **** standards in their gyms for coaching and sparring. Alot of the lads who do well in the team use to box before and had alot of AM experience as juniors. For them the coaching and sparring is not so important as they have alot of bouts and can motivate themselves. The PT sessions are bollocks and are too light for boxing.
        in all fairness i shouldve specified what i actually meant.

Im on about army boxing training and military training altogether aswell as questioning whether progression of a great ammount can be achieved when in the army (bear in mind what was stated before about lack of options for food)

Comment

Originally posted by kenny91 View Post
          Guys thank u all so much for ur feedback... havent been able to reply as quick as i wanted to as ive already started my own intense training before my medical and fitness tests.

Special thanks to Alza and Oriachim, however all of ur views are much appreciated.

Going back to what someone (think it was oriachim.. im not sure) said about lack of food options, thats just 1 reason why i originally posted this question. I wanted to find out whether boxing in the army is progressful in ur boxing abbility even without the luxury of being spoilt of choice at home when it comes to diet.

Again thank you all for ur views
          Generally civvies, have better luxarys, being able to eat whatever food they want. However look up Lucy Abel, she started boxing in the navy as a hobby, but now shes a european champion. In the army, you can also turn pro and still be in the army.

Comment

Working...
          X