Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: Spence's Jab Was The Key, It Was Better Than I Expected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Don’t agree with that

I couldn’t make any case for him beating Thurman or Porter. He was competitive, he always is but definitely lost.

He just falls a bit short at that level.

He arguably should have a loss to Herrera too

Good thing you and I don't speak for the majority. You don't have to make a case. The case exists.

Also, the "should haves" are countless throughout boxing history and irrelevant to the conversation - the subject being Danny Garcia at 147 and a particular three fights
    Last edited by CPLVS; 12-06-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Garcia has no fire at all. Not capable of digging down deep in the tough fights

He is just trying to get by on his early successes which will ensure another couple paydays like this

Comment

Originally posted by CPLVS View Post
        lol at the amount of times I've read "DaNny haD tHRee sHOts aND cAMe uP sHORt".

Knowing 2 of the 3 could've gone either way. Literally. And you would have zero to say had they.

They didn't. I get that. We know that. But, you can't dismiss or pretend to disregard that one could/some argue that he should arguably be up 2-1
        Totally agree. This is the first time that Danny has lost clearly. The other two were really really close. Having said that, Danny beats Mikey Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          Don’t agree with that

I couldn’t make any case for him beating Thurman or Porter. He was competitive, he always is but definitely lost.

He just falls a bit short at that level.

He arguably should have a loss to Herrera too
          He definitely had a case against Porter IMO. Danny landed a lot of flush shots and the better shots all fight. But Porter won with his activity. That was one where if it was a draw or 7-5 Danny, I wouldn't have complained about.

Thought Thurman clearly won. Danny probably took the last two rounds and made it closer on the cards, but only one winner that fight. 7-5 Thurman fairly clean, maybe even 8-4. Don't see a case for Danny there.

And then last night he obviously had zero case of winning and lost handily. 9-3 type of fight for Spence and this was with him letting the foot off the gas a bit before picking it up again late in the fight.

Danny needs to fight someone like Ugas next to get back in the hunt. He's going to need a win against a top tier WW soon or else it is probably time to hang them up because what is the point then? Go fight Ugas or Thurman in a rematch and if he wins, then he can get one final title shot later down the line.

Comment

Everyone has a plan A but when it gets taken away like Spence did then there is no hope. Spence skills dominated both Angel and Danny. They had no plan B.

Comment

Someone once said: "Boxing is an easy sport, if you have a jab! "

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post
                There is no evidence to suggest that what you’re saying is true.
                you wouldn't believe a confession if it spit in your face. such as when fraud duckweather confessed on video he's a coward and hes ok with being a coward.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
                  Spence's performance now reminds me of Thurman.

The stoppages and KO stopped after he stepped up competition.
                  that's what happens when all your "fights" are in house sparring sessions against fellow pbc employees.

Comment

Oh boy....the window licking, helmet wearing, drool cup carrying BS members have made their showing.

You know, I’ve never in my life believed in ******** but reading some of these comments I can start understanding why there are those that feverishly fight for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monzon99 View Post
                      that's what happens when all your "fights" are in house sparring sessions against fellow pbc employees.
                      Is that what happened to Mayweather and Pacquiao? The two of them combined for a grand total of three stoppage vitories in the 2010's.

It's just harder in general to KO the top guys in a deep weight class.

Comment

Working...
                      X