Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Campbell: Fortuna Bout Should Still Be For Title, Haney Can Get Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Campbell: Fortuna Bout Should Still Be For Title, Haney Can Get Winner

Olympic gold medal winner Luke Campbell is adamant that his previously ordered bout with Javier Fortuna should still proceed for the vacant WBC lightweight title. The belt became vacant when the World Boxing Council named Devin Haney a 'champion in recess' - due to a shoulder injury that required surgery.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Campbell's fighting again? There's better stuff on TV

Comment

I like Campbell but he doesn’t deserve a vacant title shot.

Haney should be ordered to fight Fortuna.

Have Campbell face Ryan Garcia in a final eliminator.

Winners meet.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        I like Campbell but he doesn’t deserve a vacant title shot.

Haney should be ordered to fight Fortuna.

Have Campbell face Ryan Garcia in a final eliminator.

Winners meet.
        I like that line up really as far as that goes let the losers fight too for good showing

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
          I like that line up really as far as that goes let the losers fight too for good showing
          Agreed. Any mix of the four is a good matchup.

Comment

Campbell vs Fortuna in the US was the plan. The landscape changes if Haney gets well, but he should still have to go through somebody in the ring. None of them should get a gift, or an advantage. Campbell should be happy he can still get a shot, loss after loss.

Comment

Campbell and Haney will end up fighting each other for that belt anyway, whatever road they choose

Comment

Haney is a joke... Petitioning to get a title handed to him again. Became a champion by getting it handed to him and then thinks he can talk smack to fighters like Two Lopez who actually won a title by defeating the champ. Young fighters now are happy with becoming champs by getting handed titles or winning vacant titles against bums.

Comment

The only reason this fight was even going to be for a world title was because Haney had shoulder surgery and was going to be out for 6 months.

Because of COVID-19 everybody is out for months now. So it makes no sense for Haney to drop the belt anymore.

Comment

WBC probably still hooks these guys up with some sort of interim title

Comment

Working...
                    X