Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis: I'm Not Gonna Wait Around For Jose Ramirez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Regis Prograis: I'm Not Gonna Wait Around For Jose Ramirez

If Regis Prograis beats Josh Taylor on Saturday night, he'll own two of boxing's four recognized 140-pound championships. He'd want nothing more than a shot at the other two titles. The powerful southpaw from New Orleans just won't wait much longer to face Jose Ramirez, who holds the WBC and WBO belts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This boy ducking Ramirez. Coward.

Comment

Great plan, hopefully Ramirez sees it the same way but I'm not sure of Arum. Prograis,Taylor,Ramirez and Hooker should be Welters by the end of next year. I cant wait!!!!

May the best man win 2nite!!!!!!!

Comment

I think Prograis has the right attitude, he wants those fights now and if they aren’t happening then he would be chasing Broner again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I think Prograis has the right attitude, he wants those fights now and if they aren’t happening then he would be chasing Broner again.
          when was he chasing broner? broner hasn't been seen since getting his ass kicked by old man Pacquiao. broner isn't fighting again this year and I doubt he wants any part of prograis. ramirez will fight the winner of taylor vs prograis soon I have no doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vodkaholic View Post
            You sure about that? Prograis was Ramirez mandatory after he won the WBC 140 belt but he seem not to want that fight even if Prograis almost begs it. Prograis didnt wait for him to become a champ and joins WBSS anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Vodkaholic View Post
              Really? Ramirez won't even mention him. Instead of waiting around he entered a tournament and is fighting another top 140.

Lets see if Ramirez gets out from underneath Arum's skirt.

If Prograis wins tonight the fight will be bigger than ever.

But knowing Bob he will have other plans for Ramirez.

Comment

I can't argue with this. No reason for him to wait around if another fighter doesn't want the fight. Like he said, if it isn't next then both fighters should take one fight and then unify. If that doesn't happen, he is moving on. I like that he isn't going to do what many fighters have done and that let another fighter dictate where he is taking his career.

Unfortunately, he said this in public. I can see Arum holding him to it and delaying the fight in order for Prograis to move up and then he can make his move on the vacated belts

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  Really? Ramirez won't even mention him. Instead of waiting around he entered a tournament and is fighting another top 140.

Lets see if Ramirez gets out from underneath Arum's skirt.

If Prograis wins tonight the fight will be bigger than ever.

But knowing Bob he will have other plans for Ramirez.
                  prograis was a nobody with no belts at that time. now that he has a belt and can win another he'll be worth mentioning. prograis style matches up well with ramirez. arum had ramirez fight hooker in his hometown on his rival's network so we all know arum isn't protecting him. lets see prograis get past taylor first shall we?

Comment

Originally posted by MASTER OF you View Post
                    prograis was a nobody with no belts at that time. now that he has a belt and can win another he'll be worth mentioning. prograis style matches up well with ramirez. arum had ramirez fight hooker in his hometown on his rival's network so we all know arum isn't protecting him. lets see prograis get past taylor first shall we?
                    Prograis beat good contenders. You are wrong. I guess everybody else that fought Ramirez deserve the shot.
                    This is the typical you have to deserve the fight because you don't bring enough money when you are a risky fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X