Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney Reveals He Turned Back on Football Career For Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Haney Reveals He Turned Back on Football Career For Boxing

Devin Haney (22-0 14 KOs) takes on Zaur Abdullaev (11-0 7 KOs) for the Interim WBC World Lightweight title at the Hulu Theater in Madison Square Garden, New York live on DAZN in the US and on Sky Sports in the UK, with the winner hunting down a clash with newly-crowned champion Vasyl Lomachenko.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Of course he did, he would be way too small for grid iron football

Comment

Then he would go on to become interim world champion. Later that spring he faced undisputed world champion Lomachenko before he was halted in 11 brutal rounds.

Comment

He could play corner, slot receiver or be a running back in an Air Raid type offense

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        Of course he did, he would be way too small for grid iron football

Comment

Seems Haney made the right choice, he looks like a natural fighter from what I've seen. I'd go as far as to say that if anyone is likely to beat Loma at LW before father time does, it would be either Haney or Teo Lopez.

Comment

Haney is 5'8 fights at 135 and likely walks around at no more than a lean 155 pounds. I'd also be willing to bet he couldn't run under 4.5 in a 40yd.

Now maybe he'd do OK on some High school varsity team, but beyond that he's no star football player Lol

Comment

2 small

little *****hhhh is like 5’7 at 135 quit playing boyyyy

Comment

Still not a safe move , Baseball and Basketball are much safer route than football and Boxing.

Comment

Haney, Boots Ennis & Shakur Stevenson. Watch out!

Comment

Good! Not everybody's as good at football as they'd like to believe. I'm glad he chose boxing whenever he did...no need to enter the sport with post-football muscles that won't do anything but hold you back from being a champ in boxing.

Anytime I hear "football to boxing", I just cringe. I believe Yarde played football early on and now look at him...a big stiff dunce with great skills, but bad stamina. Same goes for Lacey and Pascal.

Devon will be champ soon enough!

Comment

Working...
                    X