Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander: I Thought I Edged Andre Berto, But It Was Close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Alexander: I Thought I Edged Andre Berto, But It Was Close

Andre Berto (32-5, 24 KOs) won a back-and-forth fight by split decision Saturday night against fellow former champion Devon Alexander (27-4-1, 14 KOs) in the main event of Premier Boxing Champions on FOX & FOX Deportes from NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I felt Alexander had done enough earlier in the fight aswell...
    Its Nobody's fault but Devon's tho for allowing his opponent to come on late while dropping his own output.

Comment

better luck next time devon

Comment

I scored it for Alexander by 1 point. That knockdown was completely bogus imo though so I would have scored it a draw if it was officiated correctly.

I don't see either guy going on to do anything much so this doesn't affect all that much in the big picture.

Comment

dull in-house pbc hugfest btwn 2 faded b-level fighters....no significance at all. likewise with Quillen-Jlove

Comment

It was an entertaining fight. I thought the right fighter won, but could have went the other way. Devon never lived up to the early hype in his career. He’ a fighter with great ability but not a great boxing IQ, and never has a plan B.

Comment

Spence-Berto
              Or Garcia-Porter winner.

Comment

Berto only won 3-4 rounds Devon Alexander won the fight 116-111

Comment

They might as well fight each other again because NO top welterweight will fight them. It’s a business too and it’s no money in fighting either of them. Berto or Alexander in with a top welterweight, isn’t a compelling fight either. And neither of them can beat the top welterweights in the division right now.

Maybe they can be a tune up fight for a welterweight shaking off the rust off like Thurman or a top ten contender trying to move a spot up the food chain. Name (1) top ten in this group they can beat. Maybe Ugas but he is a good Cuban fighter on the come up with (7) straight wins.

Current ESPN Rankings by Dan Rafael:
                  1. Thurman
                  2. Spence
                  3. Crawford
                  4. Manny
                  5. Garcia
                  6. Porter
                  7. Ugas
                  8. Vargas
                  9. Kavaliauskas
                  10. Horn

Comment

It was a good scrap. Alexander looked good til rd 6. Problem is he wasn't given credit for that time. Instead the judges decided to use the last 6 rds to determine the entire 12. Typical BS. They forgot why they get paid. Devon won by 2pts

Comment

Working...
                    X