Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trout: Beating Charlo Would Be Bigger Than My Win Over Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Trout: Beating Charlo Would Be Bigger Than My Win Over Cotto

Back in 2012 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, Austin Trout (31-4, 17 KOs) secured the biggest victory of his pro career when he won a twelve round unanimous decision over Miguel Cotto. Since that contest, Trout has close tough fights against Jermall Charlo, Erislandy Lara, Canelo Alvarez and Jarrett Hurd.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Trout has a very good resume going up against some of the best even though he lost most of them he still got in the ring and put up good fights.
    Hope he wins this one against Charlo.

Comment

This one will be, should be a good fight. I don't think it will be one sided, but if Charlo come in to arogant, it could be bad for him on the score cards.
      Last edited by Nomadic; 06-09-2018, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Trouts career could've been very different had he beaten Canelo. He looked to be out boxing canelo but wasn't getting credit from the judges. He knew he was behind due to open scoring so he got aggressive and got dropped. It was all downhill for his career from that moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          Trouts career could've been very different had he beaten Canelo. He looked to be out boxing canelo but wasn't getting credit from the judges. He knew he was behind due to open scoring so he got aggressive and got dropped. It was all downhill for his career from that moment.
          The open scoring killed the fight. Trout knew where he stood and did jack sht about it. Canelo also Bambi-legged him a couple of other times. He was cool losing by decision. He played it safe and kept running on 4th and long.

Comment

hed be saying this if he were fighting cotto -

''the charlo win was ok but beating cotto will define my legacy.''

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              The open scoring killed the fight. Trout knew where he stood and did jack sht about it. Canelo also Bambi-legged him a couple of other times. He was cool losing by decision. He played it safe and kept running on 4th and long.
              all sports show the scores. why should boxing be different

''the drama and theater, doe !''

if a guy cant pick it up even after knowing for a fact hes losing....

Comment

Trout-Cotto is one of those fights that the powers that be pretend didn’t happen. All in the name of preserving the star fighters that were beaten. So that they can make big events with them later. Fights like Zahir Raheem outclassing Erik Morales between Erik’s first and second fights with Manny. And Chris John beating JMM.

Cotto walked away from the pasting Trout gave him and was handed a middleweight title shot against a crippled champion that was cashing out. In a division he’d never fought in. And parlayed that into a mega event with Canelo. Trout on the other hand lost a fight to Canelo that I thought he deserved the decision. Got whipped by Lara. And basically has become a gatekeeper. Boxing can be a cruel and unfair game at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                  all sports show the scores. why should boxing be different

''the drama and theater, doe !''

if a guy cant pick it up even after knowing for a fact hes losing....
                  I dislike the open scoring because as Max Kellerman puts it. Sometimes the scoring in a fight doesn’t reflect the story of the fight. Sometimes a guy can be winning rounds by a razor thin margin, but taking just as if not more punishment than he’s dealing out. So theoretically, a guy could be up 6-2 in the cards, but feel like he’s in an even fight or even down. And it can totally change his approach down the stretch. Turning what has been a barn burner into a marathon.

Comment

Trout has been in a lot of wars. Charlo is fresh and prime. it SHOULD be an easy KO for Jermell.

Comment

Working...
                    X