Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew: I'll Keep Fighting Until The Screw Detaches Itself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew: I'll Keep Fighting Until The Screw Detaches Itself

Bellew's trainer Dave Coldwell and his promoter Eddie Hearn revealed they would also like their fighter to retire, given two significant purses against Haye followed him having achieved his ambitions of winning a world title and fighting at Everton's Goodison Park.
    [Click Here To Read More]

keep fighting until Andre Ward comes back to kick your ass
    Last edited by sammybee; 05-07-2018, 04:52 AM. Reason: error

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
      keep fighting until Andre Ward comes back to kick your ass
      Ward is like most Americans boxers

Someone with no heart and is afraid of a fair ref and to fight in the uk
      America is finished in boxing
      You all are like blockbuster whilst the uk has become Netflix
      Keep yapping tho

Comment

Bellew has had a fantastic career when you measure his ability against his achievements. I have no issue with him continuing his career but he definitely needs to stay away from wilder. Fury is a good fight for him

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          Ward is like most Americans boxers

Someone with no heart and is afraid of a fair ref and to fight in the uk
          America is finished in boxing
          You all are like blockbuster whilst the uk has become Netflix
          Keep yapping tho

Outside of Heavyweight ( at the moment). Name a weight class where the Brit is the best and better then Americans?

Comment

I think he's got the reasons why Joshua and Wilder are bad fights all wrong. Yes, they both hit hard, but so does Haye. The real difference between them and Haye is height and reach. Against Haye, because he's a similar height he was able to make Haye miss and still be in range to hit him back hard. Wilder and Joshua would be able to reach in easier to hit him, plus their chins are further off the ground meaning Bellew has to be closer to get a shot in. And Tyson Fury is not only taller and longer than both, he's also arguably got better footwork than either. If anything it's a much, much worse fight for Bellew. Sure, Fury might not hit as hard as AJ or Wilder but he can still **** at times, especially if he's able to tee off on Bellew with impunity.

If he wants to carry on, his best bet is at cruiser. If he carries on at HW, he needs to pick his fights carefully. In fact, here's a suggestion I've not seen yet: how about Povetkin? Bellew is 6'3, Povetkin is 6'2. That might be something to keep Sasha satisfied if he can't get his mandatory shot at Joshua.

Comment

I was wondering why he had Ashley on his shorts

Sad stuff .... nothing worse than losing a loved one

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                Outside of Heavyweight ( at the moment). Name a weight class where the Brit is the best and better then Americans?
                Look

You won’t get it

Any American that comes to the uk would struggle immensely and would rely on lucky To Survive

The passion, the desire and the levels the uk evolves its fighter is almost like a marvel super movie

You are seeing Americans reject 2-4 times their biggest pay days as they are scared to taste defeat by the uk

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                  I think he's got the reasons why Joshua and Wilder are bad fights all wrong. Yes, they both hit hard, but so does Haye. The real difference between them and Haye is height and reach. Against Haye, because he's a similar height he was able to make Haye miss and still be in range to hit him back hard. Wilder and Joshua would be able to reach in easier to hit him, plus their chins are further off the ground meaning Bellew has to be closer to get a shot in. And Tyson Fury is not only taller and longer than both, he's also arguably got better footwork than either. If anything it's a much, much worse fight for Bellew. Sure, Fury might not hit as hard as AJ or Wilder but he can still **** at times, especially if he's able to tee off on Bellew with impunity.

If he wants to carry on, his best bet is at cruiser. If he carries on at HW, he needs to pick his fights carefully. In fact, here's a suggestion I've not seen yet: how about Povetkin? Bellew is 6'3, Povetkin is 6'2. That might be something to keep Sasha satisfied if he can't get his mandatory shot at Joshua.
                  You're a natural matchmaker. That is a very good fight in the making! Bellew is still just about in his prime. Povetkin no longer is but has slightly more talent and more power. If Bellew stuck to boxing and countering I'd slightly favor him. If Povetkin can make it a brawl he'd win.

I am neither a Hearn supporter or critic. Sure he is arrogant and has a huge ego but I can live with that. But he is a fantastic promoter and also, much more so than other promoters, he knows how to open up and speed up markets. Nobody would really consider Povetkin against anyone until recently, and I'm talking even years ago before he was busted, but Hearn put him in against Price and now he is a potential opponent for Whyte and possibly Bellew. Just because we haven't read about it doesn't mean that Hearn and Bellew haven't thought about Povetkin down the line - I bet they have.
                  Last edited by SteveM; 05-07-2018, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Ok, Super middleweight (go look at the ring top 10) , Groves is number 1 and there are four Brits in the top 10. On boxrec Brits are 1,3,4 and 6. I think you lost that one ;-)

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X