Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa: After This Fight, I'll Be Back To The Level of Where I Was

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Gamboa: After This Fight, I'll Be Back To The Level of Where I Was

MGM Grand, LAS VEGAS - Former unified featherweight champion Yuriorkis Gamboa is excited to be getting back in the ring on Friday against Robinson Castellanos. The fight will headline an ESPN card on the eve of the Canelo Alvarez-Julio Cesar Chavez pay-per-view showdown that takes at the at-Mobile Arena and will be distributed by HBO.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wish him the best. He still has a lot left, that is for sure. But he lost a lot of time when he backed out of the Rios fight and subsequent issues with Top Rank. A lot of the time he lost could have been used to win titles and become involved with super fights. To this date, even as small as he is, he is still Crawford's most difficult fight in Crawford's entire career.

Comment

How I would love to believe this. But even if Yuri returns to something like his old form, too much time has been wasted. He's five years older now than at his peak. At age 35, it's impossible to make that up.

Comment

Yea idk about all that.

Gamboa used to be one of my favorite guys to watch, but he's a 35 year old lil guy who hasn't beat anyone worth a damn in almost 4 years. Its over regardless of this fight or he fights 7 more years.

And its sad & f#cked up cuz there were so many epic fights to make with him in his prime that coulda been amazing to watch + made him into a much more highly considered guy than he ever became on the present timeline, but also a guy fighters & fans of the future would speak about. But largely he's been a guy with amazing talent & determination who f#cked up his own legacy in the sport due to bad business decisions & alliances with the wrong mfers at the wrong time.

Comment

Cant believe he is 35 already wasted his prime years. He still has some talent left but will not accomplish what he was once capable of.

Comment

I certainly hope so because he is a treat to watch fight when he is on form. Like others have said though. At 35 that is a tall order.

Comment

Sensational fighter, risked everything with Terence Crawford and went out on his shield. Nothing but respect and hope he gets his career back together.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                How I would love to believe this. But even if Yuri returns to something like his old form, too much time has been wasted. He's five years older now than at his peak. At age 35, it's impossible to make that up.
                oh wow i didnt realise he was 35. i cant imagine he will age well with his style either. what a waste of a career, this guy was some serious talent. i mean, obviously hes still got some good wins and acheivements but this guy could have been a real superstar with his skills.

Comment

... I wonder if he made 130 on the scales...

Comment

Gamboa is solid. He could have beat Crawford if it wasn't for the weight difference. He is getting old he better hurry up and make his moves before its too late.

Comment

Working...
                    X