Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fighting Words - Fair Or Not, Walters Again Did Himself No Favors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Fighting Words - Fair Or Not, Walters Again Did Himself No Favors

by David P. Greisman - Nicholas Walters ran out of goodwill well before he stepped into the ring with Vasyl Lomachenko. That is a significant reason why he is enduring so much criticism for the way his fight with Lomachenko ended. We expected much more from Walters in the two years since he burst onto the scene...
    [Click Here To Read More]

walters has slowly been committing career suicide lately.from losing his featherweight title on the scales to turning down the loma fight earlier this year in which he would have made more only to take the fight for less later on and now quitting against lomachenko.I think its over him.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
        Yikes...thought that was Cotto fora split-sec......

Comment

So disappointed. He really ****ed up here, and all the excuses just make it worse.

Comment

Overrated!

Most fighters miscalculate on their worth, especially guys with unexciting style of fighting. Rigondeaux is an excellent example, yeah he is good, but no one wants to pay to go to sleep, unless one is suffering from extreme insomnia. Gatti, Pacquiao, Tyson, McGregor are examples of what people want to see and pay for, "destruction machines." Not some sleeping pill disguised as a boxer.

Comment

He could have taken the fight for much more money, and when he was "fresh" (because, apparently he's blaming this all on the time off). But, you reap what you sew. I'll never have any interest in the guy after this quit. That was exceptionally weak.

Comment

Lomanchenko proved he is at another level! I thought he would win but did not see the total domination. As much as I hate to admit it, Walters made the right call. I do believe the end was near for him. I might have been the type of stoppage that a fighter never recovers from! Bring on Salido!

Comment

The WORST label to ever have as a fighter is the dreaded "quitter" one.

Comment

This is worse than Duran.....Duran had already defeated Leonard and then in the rematch "no mas" happened..... but then Duran redeemed himself and his reputation by fighting davey moore to win the Jr MiddleWeight title then went to the middle weight division and fought Marvelous Marvin Hagler The Best MiddleWeight Of All Time....lost to Tommy The Hit Man Hearns and then defeated Iran The Blade Barkley for The Middle Weight Title ....I just dont see walters doing something Great like Duran....
                    Last edited by TexasCowBoy; 11-28-2016, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X