Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Being Positioned For Three To Four Fights in 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Being Positioned For Three To Four Fights in 2017

So what's next on the docket for Vasyl Lomachenko, who successfully defended his WBO super featherweight title on Saturday night by making the previously undefeated Nicholas Walters (26-1-1, 21KOs) quit on his stool after seven one-sided rounds?
    [Click Here To Read More]

3 fights is nice. 4 is too much.
    I want him him with either vargas, garcia then a tune up may be in order.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Awesome!!!

If true, how can anyone not like Loma?

Comment

I love this dude! He looks like the PERFECT fighter!!! AND he's soo confident in his ability he's willing to give the fighter MORE $$$$ if they beat him.

"The 28-year-old Lomachenko was willing to vacate his title and fight the Jamaican at that weight. Arum offered the Axeman US$500,000 for the fight but the Jamaican wanted more. The Ukrainian then offered Walters an additional $300,000 from his purse if the Jamaican won.".

That was from the 1st rounds of negotiations that Walters priced himself out of.

Comment

Yes, please three to four fights next year. Depending on how the fights go obviously.
            He didn't take any punishment against Walters. He should be able to return in March NOT April.
            March, please and thank you.
            The 2016 Fighter of the Year deserves more fights per year.

Most of the guys at 130 are available so it shouldn't be difficult to get an opponent quickly. Salido or Vargas next.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
              3 fights is nice. 4 is too much.
              I want him him with either vargas, garcia then a tune up may be in order.
              He's surrounded by VERY solid competition. I'll add

Gamboa
              Linares
              Felix Verdejo (Down the road with more experience)
              Leo Santa Cruz
              Frampton

Mikey Garcia vs. Loma would be a FKN DREAM fight!!!

Comment

I'd imagine his schedule is March 2017 vs Salido, June/July 2017 vs 135 champ, Nov 2017 vs Manny at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                  I'd imagine his schedule is March 2017 vs Salido, June/July 2017 vs 135 champ, Nov 2017 vs Manny at 140.
                  Suspect Flanagan having the WBO belt will be the likely opponent, Flanagan wants a big fight, Verdejo steps aside then fights for the vacant when Lomachenko goes up again

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    He's surrounded by VERY solid competition. I'll add

Gamboa
                    Linares
                    Felix Verdejo (Down the road with more experience)
                    Leo Santa Cruz
                    Frampton

Mikey Garcia vs. Loma would be a FKN DREAM fight!!!
                    Mikey Garcia would be a very dangerous opponent for Loma. I'd be surprised if Lomachenko took that fight. A guy with less than 10 pro fights in the ring with Mikey Garcia....that's crazy!

Comment

Working...
                    X