No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rey Vargas Set Down as Mandatory To Hozumi Hasegawa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Rey Vargas Set Down as Mandatory To Hozumi Hasegawa

Although he thought his opponent would be the countryman Hugo Ruiz, who eventually lost the super bantamweight title of the World Boxing Council last Friday in Osaka, Japan, the sanctioning body has officially set down Rey 'King' Vargas (28-0, 22KOs) as the mandatory challenger to the the new world champion Hozumi Hasegawa (36-5, 16KOs). Vargas wants the fight in the coming months.

[Click Here To Read More]

Trust me, and I'm talking objectively but Hasegawa is easy work for "The King" Vargas.

The last master piece of Don Nacho Beristain.

Comment

Hasegawa will turn 36 this year and was taking considerable punishment vs. Ruiz ; Vargas is peaking at the age of 25 he has almost every physical advantage : youth, height, reach, and KO power ( 79% ) vs. Hasegawa's KO ratio ( 39 % ) -- I think it is very unlikely that he produces another miraculous KO or outboxes Rey...maybe speed is his only asset in this fight along with experience so hes going to need to be in the best shape possible to win a decision.

Another factor that stands out is ( I am assuming ) the this fight will be in Japan and I see that Rey only fought outside of Mexico twice and really you argue its not really out of Mexico as California is at the border so how he deals with the Jet lag and pressure of performing in Hasegawa's backyard is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Hasegawa will turn 36 this year and was taking considerable punishment vs. Ruiz ; Vargas is peaking at the age of 25 he has almost every physical advantage : youth, height, reach, and KO power ( 79% ) vs. Hasegawa's KO ratio ( 39 % ) -- I think it is very unlikely that he produces another miraculous KO or outboxes Rey...maybe speed is his only asset in this fight along with experience so hes going to need to be in the best shape possible to win a decision.

Another factor that stands out is ( I am assuming ) the this fight will be in Japan and I see that Rey only fought outside of Mexico twice and really you argue its not really out of Mexico as California is at the border so how he deals with the Jet lag and pressure of performing in Hasegawa's backyard is interesting.
        Usted callese mija! lol

Vargas has more speed than Hasegawa.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
          Usted callese mija! lol

Vargas has more speed than Hasegawa.
          How long will this Mexican hold a title before vacating? Jajajajajaja!

Comment

Yes!
            Camera's will be out for this one.
            I will finally get to see Rey Vargas laid out.
            Hozumi is old and shot, but his schooling will be enough to beat the laughably terrible and chinny Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
              Yes!
              Camera's will be out for this one.
              I will finally get to see Rey Vargas laid out.
              Hozumi is old and shot, but his schooling will be enough to beat the laughably terrible and chinny Vargas.
              Is it me or has he regresses? Idk man, I like the match up but if he can't get past an ancient Hasegawa then he's done before he even started.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                Is it me or has he regresses? Idk man, I like the match up but if he can't get past an ancient Hasegawa then he's done before he even started.
                At least for me, he never seemed that good tbh.
                He also seems like hes easy to frustrate. He tries to get people back for knockdowns and is adamant about immediate rematches in matches that didn't go as expected.
                His apparently horrendous chin will also be huge detriment to him.
                My money's on Hozumi.

With the exception of Estrada and maybe Valdez, a lot of these mexicans are just too crummy skill-wise.
                Like I said in a post about Hugo Ruiz, a brawler like Frankie Gomez has better boxing skills and defense(while moving forward and attacking constantly) than pretty much every mexican other than Estrada.
                The fact that so many seem to be diva, screw-ups is the only reason I wouldn't recommend people to go exclusively with the Mexican-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                X