Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boone: Ward No Longer Looks Complete, I'm Rolling With Kovalev!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Boone: Ward No Longer Looks Complete, I'm Rolling With Kovalev!

Darnell Boone, perhaps more than anyone has an intimate knowledge of Sergey Kovalev (30-0-1, 26KOs) and Andre Ward (30-0, 15KOs), who will meet on November 19th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

So: Boone is GGG's sparring partner to date and he is rooting for Kovalev (i.e. GGG's buddy).

Comment

Ive been saying it. From inactivity to fighting
      D level fighters who are slow and have no power or dont have any true resistance dont prepare you for the man.

There are levels to boxing. I sure hope there is drug testing .

Comment

These boxers don't know boxing sometimes I swear!

How is Ward supposed to look the exact same as before? He fights at 175 now. Before, he fought at 168. For a recent example, did Connor Mcgregor look the same at 170 as 145 in UFC? No. You're carrying more weight which means less stamina, less movement, less speed. That's why to a casual Kovalev might look average except for his power, but they don't understand that the speed/power/combinations/stamina combination, while average looking compared to Pacquiao or someone at the lower weights, is actually special at light heavyweight. Plus fighting Barrera and Brand, Ward didn't need to move that much, so judging based off those easy fights is ****** too.

I saw the same Ward as always, just at light heavyweight, which means he was a little more judicious with his punches, a little less mobile and LIGHT on his feet, but also stronger, with a better chin because he wasn't cutting as much weight.

That's what I saw. Same Ward as always. It was actually Kovalev who had the big drop off in his last performance, but it's hard to say if that's the signs of decline or just one fight he overlooked. All of this overanalyzing gets us nowhere. I think if Ward wins, he should get full credit for beating the best Kovalev. If Kovalev wins, he should get full credit for beating the best Ward.
        Last edited by Boxing Logic; 09-01-2016, 09:31 AM.

Comment

i see nothing wrong with him picking Kov. A lot of people will. I just hope if Ward wins those people give him the credit he will have earned.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            i see nothing wrong with him picking Kov. A lot of people will. I just hope if Ward wins those people give him the credit he will have earned.
            This is starting to feel like an excuse from Ward fans who are worried Ward will lose. "Well he wasn't the same prime Ward as before." He honestly looks the same to me. While he was retired I was picking Kovalev all the way, but since he's come back his reflexes and defense have been good enough to make me wonder just a little. That means he's looking damn good. To carry that much speed to 175 is very high level. People just expect him to carry 100% but that's not how it works. He's carried like 99% of his speed up that's very good. He looks the same except he hasn't had to move much against easy opponents, that's all. Everything else you are just splitting hairs or remembering him as better than he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post

How is Ward supposed to look the exact same as before? He fights at 175 now. Before, he fought at 168. For a recent example, did Connor Mcgregor look the same at 170 as 145 in UFC? No. You're carrying more weight which means less stamina, less movement, less speed. That's why to a casual Kovalev might look average except for his power, but they don't understand that the speed/power/combinations/stamina combination, while average looking compared to Pacquiao or someone at the lower weights, is actually special at light heavyweight. Plus fighting Barrera and Brand, Ward didn't need to move that much, so judging based off those easy fights is ****** too.

I saw the same Ward as always, just at light heavyweight, which means he was a little more judicious with his punches, a little less mobile and LIGHT on his feet, but also stronger, with a better chin because he wasn't cutting as much weight.

That's what I saw. Same Ward as always. It was actually Kovalev who had the big drop off in his last performance, but it's hard to say if that's the signs of decline or just one fight he overlooked. All of this overanalyzing gets us nowhere. I think if Ward wins, he should get full credit for beating the best Kovalev. If Kovalev wins, he should get full credit for beating the best Ward.
              First post I'll ever agree with you on Stevie boy

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                Ive been saying it. From inactivity to fighting
                D level fighters who are slow and have no power or dont have any true resistance dont prepare you for the man.

There are levels to boxing. I sure hope there is drug testing .
                Ward said it best if he not ready for Krusher now no matter who he took in tuneup fights he was never ready

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post

The easy D level opponents helped you see the ward of old. I see right through all that garbage. Ward picked easy opponents cause he wasnt sure of himself.
                  Im still not convinced he wont pull out with a fake injury. If he does go through with fighting keusher, I have no doubt kovalev and JDJ are ready .
                  All the while ward was talking a big game to GGG ,JdJ an f2f kovalev were thinkin "I got something for that azz boy"

Kovalev is a smart fighter who is very subtle.
                  Mark my words, andre is gonna get torn out the frame

Comment

I would of preferred Ward to have one more fight.....

I'm still picking Ward to win however it'll be a very close fight. Had Kov not fought Chilemba he would have been schooled against Ward. However this will be Ward's third fight in a row so he should be sharp for this one. I think if Kov was his 4th fight he would have been razor sharp. At any rate both men know what they're up against and will be prepared.

Comment

Working...
                    X