Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Loses Split Nod Decision Day 11 at Rio Olympics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Loses Split Nod Decision Day 11 at Rio Olympics

The internet was abuzz with accusations of robbery and conspiracy after Ireland's Michael Conlan dropped an unjust decision to Vladimir Nikitin. Conlan appeared to land the heavier, more damaging punches in combination against Nikitin, who put up a good fight of his own, but seemed to be outmatched throughout the bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Its official

Gary Russell sucks. He has dropped a long way

Comment

Did Russell lose legit or was it another robbery?

Comment

russell won the 2nd and third round he let nobody down' imho and im sure in others he won that bout'

Comment

did he lose to a "TBA"?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Did Russell lose legit or was it another robbery?
            Just watched it. Absolute robbery. Easily won the second round. Ref had to tell the Uzbek to actually box lol. Then he didn't even throw a punch for the first 2 mins of round 3

Comment

The Uzbek fought a **** fight. You can't tell me he was trying to win the way he fought Russel. He was on his bike and would occasionally get into a sloppy exchange. He made it ugly and he made Russel chase him. Despite all that, if you roll it back Russel landed the better clean shots by far.

The ref literally had to tell the guy to "box" in the 2nd round because he was staying out of distance but *not* trying to counter punch.

It ******. But I felt from round 1 they weren't going to give Russel the decision. Russel was competitive but lost a ****** looking, sloppy fight that was ugly to watch. The Uzbek won based solely on the mirage of his body language.

So it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS
                it wasn't a robbery. I would say he has no one but himself to blame for the loss. He could/should have put more into it.
                i think russell beat the crap out of him in round 2 easily.. round 3 the uzbek waiting till the last minute to even throw a punch

Comment

Bad decision!!

Comment

Russell won this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X