No announcement yet.

Fights And/Or Moments That You Can Pinpoint To That Ruined A Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fights And/Or Moments That You Can Pinpoint To That Ruined A Fighter

Alfredo Angulo his immigration prison time he did in his peak (1 year) and then came back to face a beast Kirkland in his first fight back, that fight ****** the life out of him, that long layoff and that prolonged beatdown he took from kirkland did him in. We saw glimspe of how good angulo was in that Lara fight but then skin tissue to react the same anyone after beat downs.

Another is Mike Tyson 4 year in prison that zapped the life force out of him aswell..
    Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 02-22-2016, 05:06 PM.

Froch vs Groves 1. That fight utterly ruined Groves.
    Even better in hindsight the ref did stop that fight not that I thought it was an awful stoppage anyway.
    Froch took that boys soul.

Cobra'd.

Comment

Vargas-round one in the Tito fight when he clutched his head after getting drilled. That Image is seared in my mind.

Shane Mosley- round two of his first fight with Forrest. Terrible clash of heads and a few moments later he suffered a pretty bad knock down. Was shocked he survived it. He was never the same after that and became very gun shy. Despite having success afterwards he was never the same.

Comment

Rigondeaux/Donaire....the victory that started a worldwide boycott of The Ring God

Mares/Gonzalez.....Mares was on top of the world and has never been the same since.
        Last edited by -PBP-; 02-22-2016, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Trinidad-Reid. Chavez-Taylor

Comment

Margarito/his team getting caught by Naazim with whatever was in his gloves/wrapping. Entirely changed the course of his career.

JMM right hand with Hulk powers knocked what was left of Pacquiaos prime out of his lifeless body.

I can't remember if it was the 9th or 10th round of Holyfield/Tyson 1 but Holy put a beating on lil Mike and forcibly whooped the demon outta Mike...and what was left of his resurgent years came to an end.

Maidana's physical tactics, arrogance and laughing in the face of Mayweather's defence hurt PBf so bad, tha the literally got on his bike for 3 fights in a row...that's right, 36 rounds of running, throwing a jab and running some more. He even coasted against an outmatched Berto.

Comment

5th Round, Left hook by Edwin Rosario.

That one shot turned Hector Camacho from a fearless, combo throwing boxer-puncher and one of the most entertaining fighters on the planet to a mover with ZERO interest in ****ing.

Was never the same after that.

Comment

Monday February 15th. Pac gave interview and stuck his foot in his mouth

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  Monday February 15th. Pac gave interview and stuck his foot in his mouth
                  lmfao I didnt get it at first lmfao.

Comment

Michael Watson's tragic rematch with Eubank. He schooled Eubank but got robbed by the judges the first time. He schooled Eubank for 11 rounds in the rematch, dropped him, then got hit with a monster shot when he looked to finish Eubank. I suppose it's less sad and actually inspirational that Watson recovered in life well enough to walk a marathon, but it's still kind of tough to watch. Otherwise, it would have been one of my favorite fights/KOs to watch due to the dramatic comeback. Nigel Benn-Gerald McCellan is another terrific 168 lb. fights in the 90s in the UK that is kind of tough to watch.

Julio Cesar Chavez-Meldrick Taylor 1 somewhat applies, although it gets a little overstated. I agree he was never quite the same after that. He was always going to have a short stay at the top due to his limitations and importantly, the talent pool around that time at welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X