No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Pedraza-Edner Cherry Scoring Analysis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Jose Pedraza-Edner Cherry Scoring Analysis

As hard as Jose Pedraza and Edner Cherry fought over 12 rounds, the pair of super featherweights continue to verbally trade opinions over who deserved to win their title fight last Saturday in Cincinnati. Pedraza escaped with a split decision, with matching of scores of 117-111 overruling the lone judge who had Cherry winning 116-112 in the Showtime-televised bout.

[Click Here To Read More]

Pedraza will move on as the decision was made by the Judges and not bought like other fighters (Floyd).

Comment

Pedraza won that's it.

Comment

I'm a Pedraza fan & was obviously rooting for our fighter, but I saw Cherry win..I thought Larry Hazard jr's scorecard was on point..The person who wrote this article is trying to justify Pedraza's victory & the other 2 judges crazy decision of 117-111 on percentage of shots landed, but the fact is that who ever lands more(especially significant punches which Cherry did) wins the fight.Cherry threw a lot more & missed more, but those he missed he made up by landing a lot more than Pedraza..It's like awarding Pedraza for making Cherry miss, even thou Cherry was landing more.

& can't just go on percentage cause if a fighter throws 1 punch & lands it & his opponent throws 10 & lands 4, the fighter who only threw 1 punch landed 100% while the one who landed 4 out of 10 landed at 40%.. If your gonna go on percentage then the guy who did less work & only landed 1 punch would win which is crazy..

Comment

Working...
        X