No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: PBC on NBC Team Promise No Oversell on Wilder's Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: PBC on NBC Team Promise No Oversell on Wilder's Bout

With his 12-round win over Bermane Stiverne earlier this year, Deontay Wilder became the first American boxer to own a portion of the heavyweight crown since 2007.

Fans can expect that much to be mentioned leading up to and during his heavyweight title defense versus France’s Johann Duhaupas this Saturday at Legacy Arena in downtown Birmingham, Alabama. Viewers at home will also be reminded that they are witnessing the first heavyweight championship in primetime on NBC in more than 30 years.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So I take it they won't be mentioning the time Wilder beat the hell out of that hooker either?

Comment

Wow, I've never seen that before, this fight is so obviously pathetic that the commentating team is promising not to over sell this as a good fight. SMH, what do you even say to that?

Hah, PBC welfare program for African American Boxers strikes again!

Comment

its obvious wilder is fighting bums cause hes fighting every few months give it a rest guys with the hate my god hes going to make bigger fights

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
          its obvious wilder is fighting bums cause hes fighting every few months give it a rest guys with the hate my god hes going to make bigger fights
          Your level of competition is suppose to go up in this sport, not down.

Stop trying to defend this nonsense, as "stay busy fights" as if there's no options for better fights right now.

Comment

Then you should not complain when Golovkin is fighting RANKED opponents, no matter how easily he beats them.

Comment

Yeah the Networks starts to question match ups it is time for Haymon to demand MORE from his fighters. They was doing so well on NBC and it is likely about to get RUINED because of this **** match up and NBC doesn't seem to thrilled about and I don't blame them one bit. Marv Alberts is probably like "I have to travel to Alabama for this **** fight?"

Golden Opportunity for Wilder and he blew it and the backlash he is getting for it is Well Deserved! STEP THE *** UP WILDER!

Comment

Naw no excuse for this BS, he took 1 Easy Title Defense vs Molina No problem, but to take 2 is Career Suicide before your career even gets started. After this fight if he wins he better step up and it can't be no looking back. Fans clearly don't want to hear anymore excuses

Comment

You know you got a crap fight when the announcers have to say "tune in anyway we won't overhype it promise!"

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Yeah the Networks starts to question match ups it is time for Haymon to demand MORE from his fighters. They was doing so well on NBC and it is likely about to get RUINED because of this **** match up and NBC doesn't seem to thrilled about and I don't blame them one bit. Marv Alberts is probably like "I have to travel to Alabama for this **** fight?"

Golden Opportunity for Wilder and he blew it and the backlash he is getting for it is Well Deserved! STEP THE *** UP WILDER!
                    Think they trying to pump life into HW division here in the states but i get what you mean. HW is weak but at least take on a top 15.

Next better be top comp.

Comment

Working...
                    X