No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Collazo: I'm No Quitter, Wish I Had More Time in Fifth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Collazo: I'm No Quitter, Wish I Had More Time in Fifth

Tampa, Florida- Luis Collazo suffered highs and lows and his fight with Keith Thurman. In The 5th round of their fight Collazo hurt Thurman to the body and was very close to scoring a knockdown. Then in the 7th he suffered a cut that caused his vision to be affected which eventually led to the fight being stopped. But Collazo wasn’t a sore loser as he gave Thurman his credit.

[Click Here To Read More]

Save it, Stoolie "I can't see" Quitlazo.

Comment

I don't think he quit cos of the eye, he took a bad beating in the 7th and maybe he didn't want to actually get knocked out because it was getting closer, he put up a semi decent performance so will likely get another chance.

Comment

"I'm no quitter, I just didnt want to fight anymore."

Also if you didn't fall in love with your body shot you might have scored a knock down.

You sat there and admired your work like a rookie.

Comment

Just look at....for example, vitali agaisnt lennox.

Compare the attitudes of Vitali and Collazo.

Vitali's injury was far far worse, he only had one eye and was facing the greatest heavvyweight of his generation, and was being hit with HUGE uppercuts and hayemakers.

he was absolutely devastated and was screaming and shouting for a good 15 minutes after they stopped it.

now look at collazo last night......

'conspiracy theories doe'

i rest my case

Comment

When you say you can't see you are basically giving the doctor and ref no choice but to stop the fight. When a fighter wants to continue after an injury, he brushes it off like he is alright. Now don't get me wrong, if the fighter chooses to quit after an injury, that's his health on the line not mine, so I won't be overly critical of that. But Collazo did literally quit, nothing wrong with that thougn. Diaz also quit against Thurman. These are durable veterans quitting against Thirman.

Comment

****en no good quitter!!

Comment

You're not a quitter but you quit, you QUIT. Man Collazo gave a good account for himself but he quit and that was probably his last chance at that level. Too bad, Thurman is vulnerable, Khan or Maidana give him all he can handle.

Comment

Collazo is a warrior !he couldn't' see !can't fight like that !!
                  Last edited by PETUFF; 07-12-2015, 06:08 PM.

Comment

"Wish I had more time in the 5th"

Yeah... let's give Collazo some extra minutes to the 5th round, just cos..

Comment

Working...
                    X