No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Promoter Shakes Head at Lepikhin’s Loss to Chilemba

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Promoter Shakes Head at Lepikhin’s Loss to Chilemba

Isaac Chilemba had a good performance against Vasily Lepikhin on Saturday night, while Lepikhin laid the proverbial egg, at times staying on the ropes, throwing next to nothing and waving Chilemba in. Chilemba won the decision, while Lepikhin suffered his first pro loss.

“I cannot not even begin to explain it,” Kathy Duva of Main Events, which promoters both men, said of Lepikhin afterward. “You saw him before. That fight on paper, we thought it was just going to be the sleeper of the night, a terrific fight. Sometimes that’s why they fight them on canvas. Sometimes they just don’t come out quite as well on canvas.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Main Events have been on a quest to sign every light heavyweight in the world lately, trying desperately to find another Kovalev. They have signed Dudchenko, Lepikhin, Khusnulgatin, Mohammedi, Acevedo, etc.

Dudchenko looked awful against Mohammedi and lost, so they signed the Frenchman, who is himself nothing more than a fringe contender. Lepikhin looked pathetic yesterday against Chilemba. Khusnulgatin got knocked out in the first round by Acevedo, so once again Main Events signed Acevedo who went on to lose to a club fighter in his next fight.

Except for Chilemba and maybe Barrera, Main Events' scouts have been doing a terrible job.

Comment

Was very obvious Lepikhin wasn't much good why on earth he was stuck in with a vastly underrated and seriously awkward slickster like Chilemba is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
        Main Events have been on a quest to sign every light heavyweight in the world lately, trying desperately to find another Kovalev. They have signed Dudchenko, Lepikhin, Khusnulgatin, Mohammedi, Acevedo, etc.

Dudchenko looked awful against Mohammedi and lost, so they signed the Frenchman, who is himself nothing more than a fringe contender. Lepikhin looked pathetic yesterday against Chilemba. Khusnulgatin got knocked out in the first round by Acevedo, so once again Main Events signed Acevedo who went on to lose to a club fighter in his next fight.

Except for Chilemba and maybe Barrera, Main Events' scouts have been doing a terrible job.
        They need to sign Aldier Alvarez, then host a tournament.

Comment

I need some side work, tell her to send me some tape of potential and I'll make the judgement as to whether or not they are worth the risk. These punks see dollar signs, I see weaknesses and strengths. I see a guy who will fight through the pain and I can see a guy who will fold up when things don't go his way.

Comment

Hadn't seen lepikhin before, but I doubt I see him again... Looked legit early but then totally got exposed as a green fighter.. He wasn't molina bad, but he was close

Comment

My theory is that they're looking for future opponents for Kovalev. Right now the most marketable fights are a Stevenson, Ward, or Beiterbeiv fight, after that there won't be anyone in the division worth fighting. Kovalev is running out of opponents.

Comment

Working...
              X