No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juarez vs. Castellanos Early Results From San Antonio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Juarez vs. Castellanos Early Results From San Antonio

Rocky Juarez and Robinson Castellanos collide in a scheduled 12-round featherweight eliminator Monday evening at Cowboys Dancehall in San Antonio, Texas. Their bout airs live later this evening on Fox Sports 1. [Click Here To Read More]

Castellanos is one tough guy....pulling for Rocky who has been a favorite of mine since the Olympics. Tough pick here but if Rocky loses, hope he retires. Rocky has to be active to win though and let his hands go. But the Rios fight makes me think he beats down Juarez unless Juarez can catch him.
    Last edited by richardt; 01-26-2015, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Nelson Lara and Gibson put on slugfest

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
        Rocky Juarez and Robinson Castellanos collide in a scheduled 12-round featherweight eliminator Monday evening at Cowboys Dancehall in San Antonio, Texas. Their bout airs live later this evening on Fox Sports 1. [Click Here To Read More]
        great fighht man i respect rocky but i was pulling for castellanos tonight rocky had his chances early in his career it's robin hoods time now

Comment

it really was a great fight and even when Castellanos was in clear control, I have to say that Juarez fought with all his heart. The first KD was not so clear until they showed a replay that confirmed it. The last 3 KDs in the last round showed how brave Rocky is since he could have just conceded but he kept a very tiny hope until the end. Robinson proved to be so tough even for Juarez who fought many greats at his weight.

Comment

Castellanos ain't no joke.

Comment

Great bout, Fx needs 2 do more...replays showed the cuts on Juarez & Robin were punches xcept 4 cut on Robins eye...hey let Robin fifght Jhonny, he's earned it...Lara vs Gibson was good but Gibson got xposed...he's got a lot 2 learn ...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                Great bout, Fx needs 2 do more...replays showed the cuts on Juarez & Robin were punches xcept 4 cut on Robins eye...hey let Robin fifght Jhonny, he's earned it...Lara vs Gibson was good but Gibson got xposed...he's got a lot 2 learn ...
                Lara got a ton of heart, but technically he's so so. During Lara's fight with Maldonado they both come out slugging til the end. The dude definitely comes to fight every time. I wasn't surprised Gibson didn't completely just walk over him.

But as the other posters were saying, Castellanos is legit and his record can be deceiving. Just a few months ago he knocked out an undefeated(but unproven) Ronny Rios whom Golden Boy was trying to build up. Even with a win over guy like Juarez who has little left in the gas tank, he has definitely earned title contender status in my book.

Comment

Working...
                X