No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Arce Fractured Right Shoulder in Gonzalez Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Jorge Arce Fractured Right Shoulder in Gonzalez Loss

Former multi-division world champion Jorge Arce (64-8-2, 49KOs) had a rough ending to his long career which began in 1996. At only 35-years-old, the years upon years of tough, exciting fights have finally taken their toll on the boxer.

He was dominated for eleven rounds on Saturday night in his hometown of Los Mochis, when he challenged WBC featherweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez. Arce was down in rounds three, five and nine, and the fight was finally stopped by the referee in round eleven. The action was one-sided and Arce took punishment in every round. He announced his retirement immediately afterwards. [Click Here To Read More]

Besides the 3knocdowns he was also thrown down once by Jhonny. In the photo that cut on the noze was mayb 2/3 stiches. Televisa showed a good fight & fro watchin I coukd c Arce cut on the right eye....Time passes, 2 former VG champs retire...

Comment

Arce is 35 years old but because of his style he has been in many literal true wars and it is not a surprise to see him getting so injured after last fight: such as the nose bridge and the eye cut besides that lesion on the shoulder. I remember Pernell Whitaker retiring also for a shoulder injury and that happened in his 46th fight while Arce has been in 75 fights and as I mentioned many of them were real battles with lots of exchanges which brought lot of punishment to Jorge. At the end the decision of retiring is the best thing for Arce since his health should be a priority.
      Last edited by cabalas; 10-06-2014, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X