No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander on Win: I Wanted To Shut Him Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander on Win: I Wanted To Shut Him Out

CARSON, Calif. - Showtime's tripleheader telecast opened with former two-division world champion Devon Alexander (26-2, 14 KOs), of St. Louis, winning a hard-fought unanimous 10-round decision in a terrific, fast-paced scrap over determined Jesus Soto Karass (28-10-3, 18 KOs), of Los Mochis, Sinaloa, Mexico

The southpaw Alexander, in his first fight since losing to Shawn Porter in December, was satisfied afterward.

“Overall I’m happy with my performance,’’ he said. “I’m my own worst critique, I wanted to shut him out. But he was a tough, tough competitor. I want to thank God, Al Haymon, my family and coach. We got it done St. Louis.
    [Click Here To Read More]

LOL @ Devon's thank you list: God, Al Haymon and then family

Damn this dude Al Haymon is running a boxing cult lol

Pretty soon, the only way to get a decent payday will be to fight an Al Haymon fighter...

Al Haymon fighters only fight Al Haymon fighters...

I just don't see how Showtime will manage the budget to put on all of these fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Snake4380 View Post

Pretty soon, the only way to get a decent payday will be to fight an Al Haymon fighter...

I just don't see how Showtime will manage the budget to put on all of these fights?
      Well al haymon fighters only fight tune ups and matches that favor them style whise, until there's a climax in their progression aka a big fight and then is rinse and repeat. They got a whole little system there of building hype, of course Alexander loves it hes in the rinse and repeat mode, if boxing wasnt so divided mostly due to al haymon, he wouldve probably been pressured to take tough stylistically fights back to back, similar to the old days.

Comment

For a few rounds I thought Devon might stop him. Then he winded and started the grunting and shoe shining.

Soto-Karass won 3 rounds or so, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake4380 View Post

Russell Jr. is a Haymon fighter. Shawn Porter is a Haymon fighter. Guerrero is a Haymon fighter. We just saw 2 Haymon fighters fighting non-Haymon fighters last night, and one to come with Porter vs. Brook. Maybe signs of things to come?

Comment

Great performance by Alexander. He needs to pace himself better next time though.

Comment

Working...
            X