No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James DeGale Admits He Had Thoughts of Leaving Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: James DeGale Admits He Had Thoughts of Leaving Boxing

James DeGale MBE says that he is in the right place physically and mentally as he faces Brandon Gonzales in an IBF World Super Middleweight title eliminator on the biggest night of his career on Saturday at Wembley Stadium connected by EE, live on Sky Sports Box Office.

‘Chunky’ tackles the unbeaten American with a fight against either champion Carl Froch or challenger George Groves waiting for the victor later this year, as they renew hostilities in a rematch on the top of the bill.
    [Click Here To Read More]

And boxing fans worldwide admit they wouldn't have given a **** if he did.

Cry me a river.

Comment

Degale has huge potential which could be realized very soon. If he wins his next fight he will probably be in a world title fight next. I thought he beat Groves and that one controversial loss did send his career on a strange tangent but it's all coming back together now and Degale has the chance to make history with his boxing ability. Only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
        Degale has huge potential which could be realized very soon. If he wins his next fight he will probably be in a world title fight next. I thought he beat Groves and that one controversial loss did send his career on a strange tangent but it's all coming back together now and Degale has the chance to make history with his boxing ability. Only time will tell.
        Boxing ability? He has made hard work/struggled against almost every opponent he has faced.

I predict a robbery on Saturday.

Comment

Doesn't really have the ability, he just has a gold medal which warrants the idea that he's something special. Has struggled against numerous opposition, can't throw a punch properly, doesn't seem to have a back-up plan or ability to adapt.
          Furthermore, this sort of attitude proves he doesn't have what it takes mentally. He must've been expecting an easy road to the top and has become disheartened by the challenges.

Gonzales cannot leave it in the hands of the judges and with smart pressure, I can see him stopping DeGale. I haven't watched any of his (Gonzales) fights, so I'll need to check 'em out, but he's the best opponent DeGale has faced on paper.

If DeGale really wants to make something out of himself, he should go out of his comfort zone and travel Stateside.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
            Boxing ability? He has made hard work/struggled against almost every opponent he has faced.

I predict a robbery on Saturday.
            I agree

he's been fighting absolute bums on channel 5 and has looked poor doing it

he messes around too much , showboating for no reason and gets tagged with every right hand that is thrown

maybe a step up in competition will bring more out of him

Comment

He's not a fighter, lacks spite. Looks ridiculous showboating. Just doesn't strike me as champion material. Maybe he can prove us all wrong

Comment

I initially thought he was going to quit as he expected a froch fight without having to beat anyone of note and was not happy about having to beat Gonzalez. But beating Gonzalez seems not too bad a deal. Groves didn't really have to beat anyone to get Froch other than being the second best in the country.

But having read Degale, im still not sure why he wanted to quit? Did he think he made enough money already, but theres big fights ahead

Comment

Bye

Bye, retire.

Comment

I don't really believe that for a second. I'm sure he was frustrated under Mick Hennessy because of the lack of opportunities he was getting whilst also seeing Froch and Groves becoming household names.

Just DeGale being slightly dramatic to sell his story. Time to shine now, Chunky.

Comment

Working...
                    X