Comments Thread For: Arum: Manny Pacquiao wants JMM-Alvarado Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francis M. View Post
    Lol, you wanna pump up two bums based on their win against Berto.....lol

Bradley got the fight fight with PAC because Bradley without a doubt was one of the best fighters at the time. Look at Bradley's resume, dude has been fighting tough comp staring with jr whitter.
    Lets put down one guys wins because I dont like him, yet hype another guys wins because he is my favorite.

Guerrero, a guy that had not lost a fight in 8 years, coming off a fight of the year fight in beating Berto (who was still considered a top contender with only one loss). Every fighter is not elite, but every fighter is not a bum so you can discredit another fighters accomplishments.

Ortiz had not lost in 5 fights I believe, and was coming off another fight of the year fight against Berto, who at the time was a rising star in the sport (whether you like it or not).

Now i respect what Bradley has done in the sport. he has fought tough competition and came out victorious, but how does beating a guy who is 2-2 in his last 4 fights earn you a shot at Manny? Taking nothing away from Bradley cause he has earned it with grit and determination, but he is far from one of the most skilled boxers in the game, and his claim (or your claim) of him being one of the best in the game is over stated. Alot of people on this board had Bradley losing the first fight to Manny, losing the fight to Provodnikov, and some even had him losing to Marquez. Then he just lost to Manny again, so some people can say this guy has lost 3 out of 4 fights, and some will even say all 4. Now I understand you want to hype up Manny's win, but if you had Manny winning the first fight, then CLEARLY Bradley's #3 ranking is a farce, and especially if you had him losing to Provodnikov. Bradley has not been in a good looking fight that i can truly remember. Maybe Peterson was the best looking one, but most to all his fights are head butt fest with sloppy punching.

Comment

Originally posted by Risen View Post
      At least the winner doesn't have to beat Berto or Ortiz to fight Pacquiao.

Edit: LOL, DeadLikeMe, give me red k. You call ktfo6? Hilarious!
      You right, they have to beat Joel Casayamora and lose to mike Alvarado

Comment

Of course he does...

After the May 3rd show, Team Pacquiao would want nothing to do with neither the winner nor the loser. It's also Bob Arum but even in the event of the bridge being gapped, Team Pacquiao would find excuses to get out of doing what they've done before. The people would call for Manny to face Mayweather's former foes but Koncz already said he wouldn't risk Manny's life against Canelo and I'm almost certain they don't want none of Marcos Maidana. Bob and his gang need to handle their business and keep the other people's name out of his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          JMM will duck Pacquiao once drug testing comes up in negotiations

If Alvarado wins, that fight makes sense.
          seriously?he fought pac 100 times and he's ducking? Alvarado makes sense? Just when it couldn't get any more ******er. Duck drug testing. LOL

Comment

What a waste of time this is! I do not want to see Marquez vs Pac again - JMM needs to retire.

Manny vs Alvarado is one of the most pointless fights I can think of. This shows how slim pickings there are now for Manny at TR. He could easily try and set up a fight with a non-TR fighter...names like Matthysse, Khan, Garcia and so on would be more interesting to hear, but we hear another TR signed opponent...what's new?

It should now be clear to EVERYONE that Manny is only fighting TR guys of his/his teams own accord.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
              marquez was only a better opponent for the guy who got ktfo by him.... Not the guy who easily beat him (mayweather).
              can't talk to people like you..you have floyd on the brain...next!!

Comment

let the commission do its job! The commission was doing a great job until marquez ktfo of pacquaio! Forget the random drug tests! Let the commission do its job.
                what a pissy attitude

Comment

guerrero is a better opponent if the choice is between pacquaio/guerrero and pacquaio/bradley/marquez 18. Besides, i think guerrero would beat both bradley and marquez.
                  i think i'm gonna be ill

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
                    timothy bradley was basically a nobody before the gift. He got the manny fight by beating washed up joel casamayor. It was that gift decision in 2012 that created bradley "the p4p".

Both victor ortiz and robert guerrero where much better options than bradley at the time floyd defeated them.

It sucks for manny and his fans , they are getting ripped off smh.
                    c'mon guys ,i just ate!

Comment

Lol, i knew this was coming. I don't even care who wins anymore, enough is enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X