No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO’s New Gatti?: JCC Post-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: HBO’s New Gatti?: JCC Post-Fight Report Card

The wheels did not come off the train. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. did the second time what he should have the first, getting himself into shape and beating down a game but overmatched Brian Vera on Saturday.

It was the sort of performance that told us a lot of what we already knew. Vera is a limited but rugged warrior who, based on his style, is a big punch short of being a player. He makes great fights with what he’s got and can play spoiler. He is who he was coming in.

[Click Here To Read More]

Another mess up genes by a great fighter

Comment

Gatti would have never ran from a fighter of Vera's level like Chavez did in their first fight.If you mean glorified club fighter who get showcased over fighters with actual talent than I guess that's comparative.

Comment

That's funny because of friend of mine actually told me that Vera kind of reminded him of Gatti.
        I get the comparison.

Comment

I agree with the comparison as laid out in the article. But it doesn't go much further than that.

You're usually going to be entertained one way or another watching this kid fight.

Comment

Vera game but without a real punch that as far as you going to go.

Comment

yeah.. don't see the resemblance whatsoever in Gatti to either of these guy. It's one thing to say a guy is entertaining, another to say he is not the best, but that sure as **** does not make him Gatti

Comment

This made me cringe when I read it this morning. I am a fan of Chavez Jr but please don't disrespect the memory of Gatti by putting him in the same sentence as either of these two. Gatti was special, huge heart and admirable work ethic. Let the man rest in peace.

Comment

Working...
                X