Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Expect Crawford To Take Ricky Burns' Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: Expect Crawford To Take Ricky Burns' Title

Former world heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko bagged plenty of column inches in the news sections this week following his declaration to stand as a presidential candidate in the forthcoming ********ic elections in Ukraine this May.

It triggered memories of my first dealings with 'Dr Iron fist' when he landed in the UK in June 1999 as mandatory challenger to reigning WBO champion Herbie Hide.

It was Vitali's world championship debut and, at almost 6ft 8in tall, I recall he cut a quiet but imposing figure. He was extremely articulate and, in addition to Ukrainian, was fluent in Russian, German and English.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This should be a good fight, Crawford is very skilled. I wonder if Ricky Burns jaw is fully healed.

Comment

I feel as though Burns might either lose badly tonight, or win very controversially. Just a gut feeling I have.

Comment

Wow I didn't know. Crawford beat Danny and Mikey in the ams

Impressive

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
          I feel as though Burns might either lose badly tonight, or win very controversially. Just a gut feeling I have.

Burns has the home field advantage so yeah the judges might be on his side. Is it almost fight time over there, mate?

Comment

My worry is Burns won't lay a glove on him. I think Crawford stops him late.

Comment

Originally posted by LWO View Post
              Burns has the home field advantage so yeah the judges might be on his side. Is it almost fight time over there, mate?
              Yeah I think he will either lose or win due to questionable judging or refereeing, won't help the case for UK officiating if thats the case! But it's just what my gut is telling me for some reason.

And theres a few hours to go yet man...The show starts at 7pm on Sky over here, but Ogogo, Joshua and Murray are fighting on the card too I beleive. So it will be a good while off yet. Good night of boxing ahead of us all though...

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
                Yeah I think he will either lose or win due to questionable judging or refereeing, won't help the case for UK officiating if thats the case! But it's just what my gut is telling me for some reason.

And theres a few hours to go yet man...The show starts at 7pm on Sky over here, but Ogogo, Joshua and Murray are fighting on the card too I beleive. So it will be a good while off yet. Good night of boxing ahead of us all though...

Good undercard! You're right this is going to be a great night of boxing. Looking forward to seeing Joshua again, he was a good amateur.

Comment

Originally posted by LWO View Post
                  Good undercard! You're right this is going to be a great night of boxing. Looking forward to seeing Joshua again, he was a good amateur.
                  Yeah there are some good fights on tonight man, and I agree about Joshua, he is still taking his baby steps but I feel like he will come along nicely onto the world stage in a few years. It will be cool to see another olympian in Ogogo on the same card too.

Comment

Similar in prospect to the Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley fight of a few years back. An unbeaten challenger stepping up away from home. The difference is that, unlike Bradley at the time, Crawford is odds on favourite to win. I think he will too. He looks real class. But nice guy Ricky will fight his heart out.

Comment

Working...
                    X