Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Stieglitz, Abraham Face To Face at Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Photos: Stieglitz, Abraham Face To Face at Final Presser

Arthur Abraham (38-4, 28KOs) and WBO super middleweight champion Robert Stieglitz (46-3, 26KOs) went face to face at the final press conference for their trilogy showdown, taking place this Saturday night at the GETEC Arena in Magdeburg, Germany. Abraham won a twelve round unanimous decision over Stieglitz in August of 2012, and the Stieglitz got revenge last March with a fourth rounds stoppage, after Abraham was unable to continue due to his eye getting swollen shut.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Without trying to diminish GGG as a fighter because I love to watch the guy fight, I can't help but think that GGG reminds me a lot of Arthur Abraham.

Abraham like GGG was a feared European boxer fighting in Germany, who was manhandling everyone. There were rumors that Kelly Pavlik wanted no part of him when both were campaigning at 60. He had to move up to 168, and was along with Kessler the favorite to win the super six. But we all saw how that ended.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
      Without trying to diminish GGG as a fighter because I love to watch the guy fight, I can't help but think that GGG reminds me a lot of Arthur Abraham.

Abraham like GGG was a feared European boxer fighting in Germany, who was manhandling everyone. There were rumors that Kelly Pavlik wanted no part of him when both were campaigning at 60. He had to move up to 168, and was along with Kessler the favorite to win the super six. But we all saw how that ended.
      Awful comparison. GGG doesn't stand there covering up and then explode only to go back to standing there covering up again if he didn't make contact the way he would have liked. Not to mention GGG has a way more diverse array of offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        Awful comparison. GGG doesn't stand there covering up and then explode only to go back to standing there covering up again if he didn't make contact the way he would have liked. Not to mention GGG has a way more diverse array of offense.
        I didn't compare their techniques, or specifics in their boxing ability. I compared their rise and resume.
        Just like GGG is doing now, Abraham was knocking the hell out of his opponents. People were saying he was the biggest challenge to Pavlik and that he had to move up to 68 to find opponents.

Comment

Id love for an Abraham from 5 years ago to face GGG now. ANyways war AA.

Comment

BATTLE of the B-Level Super Middleweights

Comment

Agree. But I think the consensus is that AA had (and maybe still has) more power and GGG is more refined overall as a boxer.

Comment

Who's everyone picking to win?
                Stielgitz is the bookis favourite, and AA has looked jaded of late..i can see it being pretty competitve though.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
                  Who's everyone picking to win?
                  Stielgitz is the bookis favourite, and AA has looked jaded of late..i can see it being pretty competitve though.
                  Stielgitz should win in a clear UD, or even another stoppage.
                  Something happened to Abraham in the Andre Dirrell fight. His throne was
                  taken and he hasn't been the same since.
                  Either that or he just wasn't as good as we thought he was to begin with.

Comment

STIEGLITZ will win IMO and i believe he is very underrated;it's not so easy beat him!

Comment

Working...
                    X