No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jennings vs. Szpilka - Boxingscene's Staff Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Jennings vs. Szpilka - Boxingscene's Staff Predictions

Once upon a time, the old adage was that if there was a good heavyweight fight to make, you simply make it. Such occasions are few and far between these days, but HBO has one on tap for this evening as unbeaten prospects Bryant Jennings and Artur Szpilka square off in a scheduled 10-round affair.

The bout serves as the televised chief support to the 130 lb. title fight between unbeaten Mikey Garcia and top contender Juan Carlos Burgos. Both fights air live on HBO from Madison Square Garden Theatre in New York City.

Jennings (17-0, 9KO) was a prospect on the rise thanks to a breakout 2012 campaign, but saw his career come to a grinding halt over the last 12 months. The Philly heavyweight failed to see eye-to-eye with co-promoters Main Events and Peltz Boxing, only fighting once on the year before getting out of his contract and resurfacing under Gary Shaw’s promotional banner.

Tonight’s bout marks his first piece of ring action since last June.

Szpilka (16-0, 12KO) was far more active in 2013, chief among his year a pair of thrilling come-from-behind knockouts over Mike Mollo. However, the Polish heavyweight nearly didn’t make it to fight night, as he was turned around by Homeland Security when arriving at the airport in Chicago, attempting to travel from Poland to New York.

The issue was resolved, but not before Szpilka wound up having to travel to and from Poland twice in less than a week before finally making it to New York City in time for fight week.

Will both heavyweights be able to bring their best stuff, or will pending ring rust or jet lag play a factor in tonight’s clash? Given all of the intangibles, who will manage to rise to the occasion?

Read on to see how the staff at krikya360.com believes the heavyweight action will go down.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A shutout for Jennings?!

War Szpilka for real this time!

Posted from krikya360.com App for Android

Comment

C'mon, no pics for Szpilka? This fight is by no means a mismatch on paper and these two guys are pretty closely matched. I'm picking Szpilka by mid-round KO

Comment

Amazing how being an American HW with a pulse immediatly makes you the faster better more skilled fighter when facing a Euro. Not the case here.

Jennings is getting exposed!

Comment

$50 on Jennings and $50 on Rosado.

Comment

Odd really, all those predictions above and, what seems, exaggerated praise for the American. Jennings is rather dull, predictable, and basic; he has never fought anyone of note. As for being "athletic", I don't know what that word means.

Szpilka is southpaw, has heavyweight power, has size, has ability to find ways to get around his opponent's defense, and, is less predictable.

How will Jennings react when he gets hit? Szpilka has shown determination to fight through falls. This seems an fairly even fight, I favour Szpilka by knockout, but who knows?

Comment

Give me Jennings.

Mollo is a rough guy but nowhere near world class and he exposed Szpilka to a large degree. Also agree on the jet lag thing being a big factor in Jennings' favor.

Jennings picks him apart.

Comment

Originally posted by uncommon View Post
                Odd really, all those predictions above and, what seems, exaggerated praise for the American. Jennings is rather dull, predictable, and basic; he has never fought anyone of note. As for being "athletic", I don't know what that word means.

Szpilka is southpaw, has heavyweight power, has size, has ability to find ways to get around his opponent's defense, and, is less predictable.

How will Jennings react when he gets hit? Szpilka has shown determination to fight through falls. This seems an fairly even fight, I favour Szpilka by knockout, but who knows?
                Originally posted by PolishPummler View Post
                Amazing how being an American HW with a pulse immediatly makes you the faster better more skilled fighter when facing a Euro. Not the case here.

Jennings is getting exposed!
                Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                C'mon, no pics for Szpilka? This fight is by no means a mismatch on paper and these two guys are pretty closely matched. I'm picking Szpilka by mid-round KO
                Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                A shutout for Jennings?!

War Szpilka for real this time!

Posted from krikya360.com App for Android
                Man, that's funny... :-) Where are you guys now?

Comment

Working...
                X