No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Gives His Take on a Ward vs. Froch Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Khan Gives His Take on a Ward vs. Froch Rematch

If he beats Edwin Rodriguez on Saturday night, a possible match-up for the 29-year-old Andre Ward would be a super middleweight unification rematch with Carl Froch.

Ward convincingly beat the man from Nottingham when they met in December 2011 but his recent triumphs over Lucian Bute and Mikkel Kessler, plus the bad blood between the pair, has led to calls for them to share the ring again.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Froch is a very good champion and a solid fighter. But in all honesty, he is just too slow and too limited to beat a well rounded fighter like Ward. I would like to see Ward fight a fast fighter like Pascal and Froch go up in weight and fight Chad Dawson. I think those fights would be more interesting.

Comment

I think Ward won the first fight 9-3 or 8-4. I don't see much different in a rematch.

But, this is boxing and you never know. If Froch got some good sparring in with Bika he might improve on the inside enough to nick a few more rounds.

Comment

Excellent assessment by Khan, it sounds like he's maturing as a ring tactician.

Froch vs Ward 2 should be fantastic - Ward was definitely on his last legs at the end of the first fight, Froch began to almost dominate for large parts of the championship round but Ward had done enough earlier on to just about snatch it on points. If that fight had been 15 rounds Ward probably wouldn't have made it.

Comment

easy work for ward

Comment

In their first match, Ward fought with his left hand broken and with the right shoulder chronically injured... At least that's what he said.

I would like to watch Ward fighting tonight... He said he's "brand new" -- as we didn't see him before...

Comment

Khan never said half of this. I watched enough Khan interviews to know he never speaks like this. I fecking hate fake shi*

Comment

Won't happen. Ward lost his passport

Comment

Ward just has his number, Doesn't mean Froch isn't a great champion.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
                    Khan never said half of this. I watched enough Khan interviews to know he never speaks like this. I fecking hate fake shi*
                    I have noticed Khan maturing in other interviews too, he's getting older and wiser - it happens

Comment

Working...
                    X