No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Knocks Martinez Out To Win WBO Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Knocks Martinez Out To Win WBO Crown

American Bank Center, Corpus Christi, Texas - Mikey Garcia (33-0, 28KOs) made a statement in his new division, as he moves up to knock Roman "Rocky" Martinez (27-2-2, 16KOs) out in the eight round to capture the WBO super featherweight championship. Garcia becomes a two-division champion with the victory.

The first round was close, but Martinez opened things up in the second when he dropped Garcia with a good counter. Garcia's boxing took over after that, with a huge sixth round where he cracked Martinez with several shots that shook the Puerto Rican fighter up. Garcia dominated the seventh and then landed a huge body shot in the eight to put Martinez down for the count.
    [Click Here To Read More]

body shot...

Comment

good win for mikey rocky just didnt throw enough

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
        body shot...
        disgusting body shot.

Comment

Mikey ain't got no chin. He won't survive the heavy hitters.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
            good win for mikey rocky just didnt throw enough
            Kiss my ass, puto!

Comment

good win but i still have a feeling that gamboa tees off on mickey & shock a few fans............

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                American Bank Center, Corpus Christi, Texas - Mikey Garcia (33-0, 28KOs) made a statement in his new division, as he moves up to knock Roman "Rocky" Martinez (27-2-2, 16KOs) out in the eight round to capture the WBO super featherweight championship. Garcia becomes a two-division champion with the victory.

The first round was close, but Martinez opened things up in the second when he dropped Garcia with a good counter. Garcia's boxing took over after that, with a huge sixth round where he cracked Martinez with several shots that shook the Puerto Rican fighter up. Garcia dominated the seventh and then landed a huge body shot in the eight to put Martinez down for the count.
                [Click Here To Read More]
                Now fight some real competition.....get it on with Mendez!

Comment

Garcia did his thing as expected tonight. Aside from the flash knockdown he suffered, he showed he's a much better fighter than Martinez.

Does Top Rank control the WBO? Seems like every time I turn around its always a Top Rank fighter fighting for a WBO title.

Comment

I knew it wasn't gonna be a headshot KO for Mikey. Good win, but I think he's shown us a few weaknesses. He needs virgil hunter and Amir to work on that average joe neck..

Comment

Working...
                    X