Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara Rips Angulo: No Respect and No Rematch For You!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Lara Rips Angulo: No Respect and No Rematch For You!

It's nearly been a week since Cuba's Erislandy Lara defeated Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo in Carson, California; when Angulo refused to continue in the tenth round. Now the new WBA interim super welterweight world champion talks to krikya360.com about some of the things that happened before and after the fight with Angulo.

"First, I want to explain that a person came to us and told us clearly that on fight night I couldn't get into the ring with more than 10 pounds over the weight limit of our division. For that reason, we only went up to the limit of 164 pounds, but we were surprised that Angulo weighed 174 pounds that night, indicating to us that the 10 pounds limit was only for Erislandy Lara. We had no written clause to talk about this weight limit, but they told us that and we followed this instruction," Lara said. [Click Here To Read More]

Schaefer has spoken. He hinted that there won't be any Canelo/Lara fight anytime soon. You're a high-risk, low reward fighter.

Since Angulo made the fight exciting for you, a rematch is more guaranteed to sell than anything out there for you.

Comment

scared much?

Comment

Good **** lara...showed some heart in that win hopefully he can get a bigger fight

Comment

Originally posted by superchamp View Post
          scared much?
          It's obvious.

Comment

Pitty how Schaefer is trying to ruin this kids career every chance he gets. How very Don king of him. Even dirtier that they tried to drain Lara post weigh in to stack the deck in Angulo's favor. GBP is as bad or worse than king and uncle bob. As for Ang'culo....your promoter loves you. The Mexican Boxing Council and Sultan Sulaiman will gift you a trinket soon enough, just like every other undeserving Mexican ticket seller out there.

Comment

That all sounds kind of shady. I hope someone sees Lara's comments and responds.

I'd like to see a rematch, but I get why Lara would want something else. The man's been in like 2 or 3 title eliminators now, give him a shot already.

Comment

Interesting post-story by Lara if true, and in particularly insightful and polite towards the end.

Comment

Now someone tell me this guy doesn't deserve a title shot. They've been stringing him along for a while now. It reminds of the situation with Ajose (not as bad though). I'm not saying he can beat everyone in the division but he deserves a crack at the top dog. The talent level at 154 is pretty close. No fighter is head and shoulders above the rest.

I had a feeling Angulo wouldn't get a rematch because he didn't handle his defeat well. He should've stopped mentioning thumbing/insinuating dirty tactics and asked for a rematch. But I wasn't aware of all the other shenanigans going on before the fight. Lara's team has to do a better job in protecting him and standing up for him when he is getting the shaft.

Schaefer needs to do a better job with Lara. Instead of downplaying his style and calling him a tough sell. Schaefer should be trying to get him a shot at the Canelo vs. Mayweather winner or a shot at Trout. Even a fight with Cotto would garner him more attention. It's clear he's been playing "Canelo keep away" for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Also, something unusual happened during the fight, a woman I guess designated by the California Boxing Commission, constantly preventing my seconds from putting water on me... I never saw this happen in any of my previous fights...
                    Hey Lara,

In California, the commission does not allow the corners to put water on top of the head of any boxers, it's a rule..weird rule, but it's an established rule in Ca.

Moron.
                    Last edited by fceeviper; 06-14-2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X