Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martin Murray Feels Ready: I Truly Think It's My Time!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Martin Murray Feels Ready: I Truly Think It's My Time!

St Helens middleweight Martin Murray is fiercely focused on springing a huge upset when he tackles homecoming hero and WBC champion Sergio Martinez in Buenos Aires on Saturday night.

Murray, an undefeated former British and Commonwealth title-holder, is a massive underdog ahead of his trip into the lion's den of the Estadio Jose Amalfitani, where a partisan crowd in excess of 40,000 will give their vociferous backing to pound-for-pound star Martinez.

The 38-year-old is boxing in his native Argentina for the first time since February 2002 - jobbing bouts in the Spain and the UK followed before a move Stateside to complete a tirelessly earned journey to world-title glory for one of boxing's most highly respected practitioners.

In 28 bouts since beating countryman Francisco Antonio Mora, Martinez has tasted defeat only once - a highly controversial points defeat to American Paul Williams in December 2009 that was avenged by a brutal one-punch knockout triumph a year later.

More recent successes have come with wins over British duo Darren Barker and Matthew Macklin, both halted in 11 rounds following earlier encouragement against the lavishly gifted southpaw, but Murray is confident he can go one better than his domestic rivals.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No Martin it isn't your time you where put on a fight in Argentina to get your ass knocked out. Your boxing skill don't even compare to those of Martinez. Don't believe all the hype these British boxers give you they say this about All British boxers that are about to fight and they all end up getting ko'd. Just take your money and run back to England and make your dough there fighting scrubs. Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StratfordSav View Post
      No Martin it isn't your time you where put on a fight in Argentina to get your ass knocked out. Your boxing skill don't even compare to those of Martinez. Don't believe all the hype these British boxers give you they say this about All British boxers that are about to fight and they all end up getting ko'd. Just take your money and run back to England and make your dough there fighting scrubs. Thank you!!!
      But dont forget guys like Lennox Lewis, Joe Calzaghe and Carl Froch. Britain also can produce great fighters if the talent is there.

Comment

well see how martinez acts after the whopping Chavez jr gave him.

he the only one left needing multiple surgery and at his age cmon , time is soon

Comment

Originally posted by StratfordSav View Post
          Someone's a little bit insecure

Comment

I get you but that's only two fighters you mentioned that where good in the past 20 yr since I watched boxing I like Froch vs any supermiddleweight he's fun to watch but he got his ass beat by andre ward so yeah. Martin Murray was put there to get knocked out. Hopefully Martinez fights a big name next that is not named Chavez I mean he can make a PPV against canelo or ward and can put him his name really up there with them great boxers (as if he already isn't) but the way he sounded like was that he wanted to be the best in the world if not them GGG Is the best fight for him at middleweight butler likely not a PPV for now

Comment

Dude he got surgery on his knee, and broke his left hand in the 4th round and still didnt stop him from whooping Chavez ass. Chavez won 30 seconds of 1 round the whole fight!!

Comment

Mr Murray it's your time to shine.... Knock that Argie into retirement, Martinez your going down like you did against Chavez jnr. Chavez jnr is rubbish, living off his father's name and he stood with Martinez for 12rounds... Martin Murray's Barmy Army.....

Comment

Originally posted by BoomBoomBuckner View Post
                  Mr Murray it's your time to shine.... Knock that Argie into retirement, Martinez your going down like you did against Chavez jnr. Chavez jnr is rubbish, living off his father's name and he stood with Martinez for 12rounds... Martin Murray's Barmy Army.....
                  Chavez Jr. could easily be fighting at super middle or light heavy.

Comment

Working...
                  X