Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia: If Morales is Positive, The Fight is Over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia: If Morales is Positive, The Fight is Over

According to Angel Garcia, father and trainer of WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia, tomorrow's fight is in jeopardy if Erik Morales' B sample comes back positive for the banned substance clenbuterol. Garcia vs. Morales is the main event in the inaugural boxing show at the Barclays Center in downtown Brooklyn.

Clenbuterol, which can be used as a weight-loss supplement and is considered a performance-enhancer, was detected in a random drug test administered by the U.S. Anti-doping Agency (USADA).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Just trying to squeeze GB and morales for more money

Comment

I already explained in another post in thorough detail that this is not a "P.E.D" per se..unless the dudes are going to have a 50 mile run, or a 120 mile bike ride ala tour de france there is zero benefit to this drug. This benefits long distance runners, long distance cyclists, high up tempo soccer player, sky divers (from extreme heights and low air concentration, but for 3 minute pound out round not at all. I do hope the body explains this to the public who will run with garcia's mentality at the mere mention of a banned substance. Not a fan of either boxer but am knowledgeable about these drugs due to a past in competitive cycling. If anything this drug would actually hurt Morales performance in a boxing match.

Comment

What would be wrong with them trying to get more money for fighting someone who tested positive?

Comment

I never thought I'd say it, but I agree with Angel Garcia's stance.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            I never thought I'd say it, but I agree with Angel Garcia's stance.
            It doesn't matter what he says. Per the NYSAC rules, if the B sample is positive the fight is automatically off.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              I already explained in another post in thorough detail that this is not a "P.E.D" per se..unless the dudes are going to have a 50 mile run, or a 120 mile bike ride ala tour de france there is zero benefit to this drug. This benefits long distance runners, long distance cyclists, high up tempo soccer player, sky divers (from extreme heights and low air concentration, but for 3 minute pound out round not at all. I do hope the body explains this to the public who will run with garcia's mentality at the mere mention of a banned substance. Not a fan of either boxer but am knowledgeable about these drugs due to a past in competitive cycling. If anything this drug would actually hurt Morales performance in a boxing match.
              You know a boxing match lasts for longer than 3 minutes, right?

Montoya has given a summation of it:

It helps lose weight rapidly, increase cardio. Could mask other drugs. It's not usually used for that exclusively but it can be
              Either way, it's banned and he is a professional. There are no excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post

Clenbuterol (Clen) or Amino-alpha-(tert-butylamino)methyl-3,5-dichlorobenzyl alcohol monohydrochloride is one of the most popular performance enhancing drug amongst athletes in the world even though it is not classified as a steroid.
                First of all it is a strong selective beta-2 agonist/antagonist which is used to help relax the muscles which is very vital for sports. It lowers your heart rate, improves recovery and significantly reduce the negative aspects of the fight and flight responses, increases aerobic activity. Furthermore this type of substance will help boxers based on the facts I stated. Also body builders are known for using this during they're cutting cycles to get really lean!

Comment

Should have borrowed JMM's natural "juice". BTW, does JMM still do that?

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                    Should have borrowed JMM's natural "juice". BTW, does JMM still do that?
                    No, he's moved to feces

More nutrients i heard

Comment

Working...
                    X