No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Unaccomplished Mr. Broner: Review, Ratings Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: The Unaccomplished Mr. Broner: Review, Ratings Update

What happens when a quality talent gets plenty of smoke blown up his ass before he’s earned it?

Saturday happens.

A fight that was solid but of largely foregone conclusion at signing became outright farce over the weekend. Losing his WBO 130 lb. title on the scale Friday by three pounds and change, Adrien Broner nearly saw a hometown spectacle fall apart when he gained over ten pounds by Saturday morning. Reports on Friday had Broner needing to weigh no more than 140 in the second trip to the scale. [Click Here To Read More]

I do think Richard Abril can give problems to Broner at 135. Style made fights. Broner will be oubox all night by a tall boxer like Abril.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsrealtor View Post
      I do think Richard Abril can give problems to Broner at 135. Style made fights. Broner will be oubox all night by a tall boxer like Abril.
      I agree with you, I think 140 is where its at for Broner.That is where the bigger fights are for him. Also, he will definitely have a very hard time against a fighter with a reach advantage and some decent power. his main advantage is his power more than his speed I think. He is gonna dominate the 135 arena for sure.

Comment

I agree..... I don't hate him at all as his fans like to claim if you don't fawn over him lls at that..... But even though hes talented he hasn't done anything in the grand scheme of things..... His fans response???

Hes 22

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          I agree..... I don't hate him at all as his fans like to claim if you don't fawn over him lls at that..... But even though hes talented he hasn't done anything in the grand scheme of things..... His fans response???

Hes 22
          I'm not a huge Broner fan but I think that is a reasonable reponse. It seems people base who he fought on what he says and does out of the ring.

Robert Guerrero, a very good fighter went 12 rds with Escobedo. Broner destoyed him. Does it mean Broner is a top p4p guy yet. Of course not.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            I'm not a huge Broner fan but I think that is a reasonable reponse. It seems people base who he fought on what he says and does out of the ring.

Robert Guerrero, a very good fighter went 12 rds with Escobedo. Broner destoyed him. Does it mean Broner is a top p4p guy yet. Of course not.
            Imo once you get a belt age doesn't matter......

Are we doing triangle theories here???

Comment

I truely dislike this wanna be pirated version of floyd. Hes basking in glory that isnt even there. Hes a great boxer but trys to hard to be like floyd in every way. The boxing world doesnt need another classless idiot. Hate and get mad all u want but i like fighters who are professional. His talent will get him to where he wants to be faster by being humble. That BS he pulled with that poor girl was pointless and made her look bad in front of millions of viewers. Thats the kinda **** that makes him be left and crying like a b*tch for his girl. Hes a great boxer but he needs to stay away from the camera and microphones

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                Imo once you get a belt age doesn't matter......

Are we doing triangle theories here???
                He had the WBO belt and beat two WBO #1 ranked contenders in his only two fights as a champion. Only thing he didn't attempt to do was unify.

Comment

Great write up, I agree.

Seems HBO has crowned him before he's earned it, Escobedo saved his ass that's for sure, but the talent is definitely there. I think he'll be at 140 before long, while the division is still hot.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    He had the WBO belt and beat two WBO #1 ranked contenders in his only two fights as a champion. Only thing he didn't attempt to do was unify.
                    Would you like to play that game with the WBC rankings???

Comment

Working...
                    X