Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joel Casamayor: I'm Knocking Amir Khan Out Dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really can't stand Joel Casamayor, he constantly talks ****.

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
      1. He said he wanted to fight Miadanda. He wanted to fight him now.
      So when Maidana was Khan's mandatory, and the WBA said he had to fight Maidana or be stripped, why didn't he agree at that time to fight Maidana immediately after Malignaggi? Why did he allow GBP to bribe Maidana into agreeing not to enforce his mandatory for three fights? He could have asked Maidana to step aside for just one fight, on the basis that the Maidana would get a guaranteed shot against the Khan-Malignaggi winner, like Haye and Valuev did with Ruiz, but he didn't do that. He waited until Maidana was reportedly injured before expressing any interest in fighting him, and that's just a fact.

2. Khan would not have much problems with Ortiz.
      So why is he fighting a shot Casamayor when Ortiz is available and when Ortiz is a million times more credible as an opponent???

Problem is that, with your comment, you try to come off as non biased, but you clearly just dont like Khan due to nit picking.
      Until he ducked his mandatory I wrote literally hundreds of posts defending Khan, so you're just being ridiculous.

Even if he fought Ortiz, beat him, yall would just say that he was too slow and hand picked for him.
      You're being ****** again. If he fought any Jnr Welterweight who is not shot and can punch - and Ortiz can certainly punch - he'd get a lot of props. The only reason you don't want him to fight Ortiz is clearly because you're terrified that his chin might be exposed. Otherwise you'd want the fight to happen, because it would dramatically increase the respect he'd get from all real boxing fans if he fights a puncher like Ortiz (win or lose).

He fights Bradley or Alexander, then IF he wins, then its they were not right mentally.
      Grow up. You're just making yourself look more idiotic with every statement you make

3. Im lying?
      Almost everyone who knows anything about boxing (including boxingscene's Cliff Rold) predicted that Khan would beat Malignaggi easily and said he'd cherry picked Malignaggi because of the fact that Malignaggi can't punch. For you to pretend otherwise means that, yes, you are lying. Maybe you're lying to yourself, and you really believe the rubbish you posted, but all you have to do is look at the posts and articles from before the fight to see that you're completely wrong about that.

The point is that no one who knows anything about boxing disputes that Khan has a huge amount of talent - but his big weaknesses are his chin and his defence, which haven't been tested since the Prescott loss. And everyone knew that Malignaggi didn't have the tools to test those weaknesses, whereas Maidana and Ortiz both do. Styles make fights.
      Last edited by Dave Rado; 06-05-2010, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Khan is the most naturally talented fighter at 140lbs, I mean you dont get the kind of hype Khan has in the UK if your Pakistani and not a good boxer.

That being said, I think Khan can TKO Casamayor the fox, Outbox Maidana, TKO Bradley, Only one I dont want to see him fight straight away is Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
          Khan is the most naturally talented fighter at 140lbs
          He's very talented but in terms of natural talent, you're massively over-hyping him. Before he teamed up with Roach, his ring intelligence was non-existent, his balance was bad, he rarely used his jab, he was frequently wild, his footwork was often poor, he stuck his chin out and moved blindly onto punches coming his way - which is why feather-fisted fighters like Limond were able to hurt him. He had a lot of natural strengths, including incredible speed and good accuracy (when he wasn't wild or off-balance), and a tremendous jab when he used it (which he rarely did before he teamed up with Roach) - but he would never have become a world class fighter if he hadn't teamed up with Roach. So his natural talent alone wasn't enough to take him to where he is now (unlike Roy Jones or Ali, who really did get to the top purely due to their natural talent).

Alexander and Bradley both have more all-round natural talent than he does, IMO. With Roach in his corner, Khan may possibly be able to beat them, but only because Roach is the world's best trainer and will give him the perfect game plan to follow. He is faster than they are, but there's a lot more to boxing than just speed.
          Last edited by Dave Rado; 06-05-2010, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
            He's very talented but in terms of natural talent, you're massively over-hyping him. Before he teamed up with Roach, his ring intelligence was non-existent, his balance was bad, he rarely used his jab, he was frequently wild, he stuck his chin out and moved blindly onto punches coming his way, which is why feather-fisted fighters like Limond were able to hurt him. He had a lot of natural strengths, including incredible speed and good accuracy (when he wasn't wild or off-balance, and a tremendous jab when he used it - but he would never have become a world class fighter if he hadn't teamed up with Roach. So his natural talent alone wasn't enough to take him to where he is now (unlike Roy Jones or Ali, who really did get to the top purely due to their natural talent).

Alexander and Bradley both have more overall natural talent, IMO. With Roach in his corner, Khan may possibly be able to beat them, but only because Roach is the world's best trainer.
            i agree with all these points , he had very amateurish traits which weren't addressed by his trainer Oliver Harrison , good thing he has roach because without him i doubt he'd be even able to beat a solid , slightly above average kotelnik .
            I think it was Jim Watt who said that "with harrison he was getting fit but with roach , he's learning to fight"

Comment

He's very talented but in terms of natural talent, you're massively over-hyping him. Before he teamed up with Roach, his ring intelligence was non-existent, his balance was bad, he rarely used his jab, he was frequently wild, his footwork was often poor, he stuck his chin out and moved blindly onto punches coming his way - which is why feather-fisted fighters like Limond were able to hurt him. He had a lot of natural strengths, including incredible speed and good accuracy (when he wasn't wild or off-balance), and a tremendous jab when he used it (which he rarely did before he teamed up with Roach) - but he would never have become a world class fighter if he hadn't teamed up with Roach. So his natural talent alone wasn't enough to take him to where he is now (unlike Roy Jones or Ali, who really did get to the top purely due to their natural talent).

Alexander and Bradley both have more all-round natural talent than he does, IMO. With Roach in his corner, Khan may possibly be able to beat them, but only because Roach is the world's best trainer and will give him the perfect game plan to follow. He is faster than they are, but there's a lot more to boxing than just speed.
              what a great post

Comment

He was trained by Oliver Harrison who like Yoel Judah was a former Kick-Boxing world champion, He wasnt taught ANY defence by Oliver Harrison and yes he used to walk into punches, Make ****** mistakes, Low guard, But that all being said and done whilst he was with Oliver Harrison he won everyfight. Part of the problem early on I feel was that his trainer was a Kick-Boxing world champion and that had affected his boxing skills. Dont get me wrong, Oliver Harrison seemed to do Mayweather style of mit work, And I had seen Khan try to employ Shoulder roll, Not to much great sucess. The biggest mistake Khans handlers made was sacking Oliver Harrison and going to Jorge Rubio. Oliver knew his strengths and weakness, Whilst he probably couldnt correct all of them it would have been best to keep him on.

The problem was Jorge Rubio the Cuban amatuer trainer for one fight. I wont go into that as well all know what kind of a disaster that guy was.

Freddie Roach has done a great job, He always does, But Khan is a much more complete fighter now, He discovered Khans De La Hoya style jab, Improved his D, Gave him gameplans, Better sparring ie Manny Pacquio, Dave Roddella, Benevidez.

Dont get me wrong, Khan has a terrible chin, But so did Zab Judah. I expect Khan to achieve what Zab was able to achieve. Both were trained from the outset by kick-boxing world champions, Both have great speed, Both have terrible chins.

Comment

Working...
                X