Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yyt

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      True but I think he was loading his gloves then which makes him not only the complete opposite of badass but one of the lowest human beings ever to walk.
      Oh come on I'm pretty sure rapists, child ******ers, and murderers are lower than someone who attempted to cheat in a sporting event.

Seriously grow up!

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny Anaconda View Post
        I think Margarito became protected after he beat Cotto and turned into a diva. He received a big rep for getting up into Floyd's face in a random situation, and I admit he deserves credit for it. But I don't think he had any intentions of fighting Floyd after he made it big. Max Kellerman asked him about it during the Clottey-Judah fight and he circumvented his way around the question. I'm not a Floyd fan either.

Margarito came close to sitting out a whole year just to rematch a guy he already destroyed and Bob Arum had to drag his sorry ass across the ground to sign the Mosley fight. And we all know about the deal with him avoiding the Williams rematch.
        Floyd was retired when Max asked him that question so what relevence did that question have.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
          Floyd was retired when Max asked him that question so what relevence did that question have.
          It's still the idea that he flat out said that he didn't want to fight Floyd right then and there. When does Arum put any of his fighters in with Floyd. First he hid Cotto from him, then Pacquiao. And if Arum used Al Haymon as an excuse not to make the Williams rematch happen, then how the hell would he have let Margarito fight Floyd? I'm just calling it the way I see it and I'm not a Floyd fan at all.

Comment

It's still the idea that he flat out said that he didn't want to fight Floyd right then and there. When does Arum put any of his fighters in with Floyd. First he hid Cotto from him, then Pacquiao. And if Arum used Al Haymon as an excuse not to make the Williams rematch happen, then how the hell would he have let Margarito fight Floyd? I'm just calling it the way I see it and I'm not a Floyd fan at all.

I think you are just reading into it a bit to much plus he ended up taking a very tough fight against Shane who ended up destroying him so where was the protection factor at.

You can't really accuse Tony of ducking anyone especially since he was the only welterweight to of given Paul Williams a shot. He even scrapped the Original Cotto match up to fight Paul. And as far as the rematch I clearly remember Tony wanting a rematch in the post fight interview.

Comment

I think you are just reading into it a bit to much plus he ended up taking a very tough fight against Shane who ended up destroying him so where was the protection factor at.

You can't really accuse Tony of ducking anyone especially since he was the only welterweight to of given Paul Williams a shot. He even scrapped the Original Cotto match up to fight Paul. And as far as the rematch I clearly remember Tony wanting a rematch in the post fight interview.
              No he didn't. He said he thought he was robbed and he wouldn't fight him again unless Top Rank was the lead promoter. He may have timidly expressed interest in a rematch and petitioned himself to fight in the #1 WBO slot (But Arum would've waited until Williams moved up though and had Margarito fight for it vacantly like he did with Cotto), but he nor Arum put any dollar offer out for a rematch where on the other hand Williams and Goosen offered him $4 million.

Comment

No he didn't. He said he thought he was robbed and he wouldn't fight him again unless Top Rank was the lead promoter. He may have timidly expressed interest in a rematch and petitioned himself to fight in the #1 WBO slot (But Arum would've waited until Williams moved up though and had Margarito fight for it vacantly like he did with Cotto), but he nor Arum put any dollar offer out for a rematch where on the other hand Williams and Goosen offered him $4 million.
                Tony didn't volunterily give PW a shot. Paul called him out for almost a whole year( at a time when Margarito was considered the most avoided fighter in the sport). Paul got his shot only after he became the MANDATORY challenger. You see thats not giving someone a shot, that's call doing what you are MANDATED to do to keep from being stripped of your belt. Please don't ever use that MANDATORY title defense against Paul to give Margs any kinda credibility, if he wanted to show some heart he would have accepted Paul's offer to him for a rematch. Damn aint that something the fighter that won the fight begging the loser for a rematch because somehow he was still built up to supposely be the man desite having had as ass handed to him by this man once.

Comment

my last post was intended as a response to ur wanting to give margs credit for giving paul williams shot. read it
                  Last edited by trufightfanatic; 01-22-2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

floyd never wanted any of Cotto..i dont think Arum ever approched Mayweatehr about the fight but May definitaly wasnt going after it so saying that Arum "hid cotto" makes no sense...

From what i remember...everytime(there was alot) Mayweather was asked about a fight with Cotto, Mayweahter would say that Cotto needed to work on his fan base here in the US and that Cotto was only a draw to Puerto Ricans

Comment

[QUOTE=-Reflexes-;7326012]If I wanted to watch two bums fight Id go find an alley.[/QUOTE/] You remember bumfights brah?? That **** was mad funny, and what's up with Margarito fans hiding for a year and all of a sudden saying he's this and he's that, we haven't even seing what he looks like without plaster to be stressing that one .....

Comment

Working...
                      X