Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Can Anthony Joshua contain his demons and shock the world in Daniel Dubois rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Can Anthony Joshua contain his demons and shock the world in Daniel Dubois rematch?

Matt Christie wonders whether Anthony Joshua would be best served going straight back in against Daniel Dubois, the man who stopped him in five rounds on Saturday
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not going to happen , dubois again
    LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

I can't see it. The old adage, knock them out once, knock them out easier in the rematch.

DDD got youth on his side while AJ got a failing chin. DDD's power isn't going anywhere. In the rematch, he'll probably be more destructive and get AJ out sooner. He wouldn't want to make it look like their first fight was a fluke or pull the ole Andy Ruiz, soak up everything on that 1 victory and come back in the rematch look like a fat tub of lard and have everything immediately lost.
      Corelone Corelone likes this.

Comment

Only one outcome is possible and is that the he get KO'ed in a worst fashion.

Two things:

1. He lacks a chin. I mean, he has one but his is below average. For the big boys game, you must have a solid chin or you won't be elite. You can have good wins here and there but you wont be consistent.

2. He loses his focus. Boxing is like a Formula 1 race, anybody who drive in the city can drive in the Formula 1 lane but can you keep focus along the way to turn so many times in a 0.000001 second?

Comment

No, he can't.

Dubois inside three rounds next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdasilva2012 View Post
            Only one outcome is possible and is that the he get KO'ed in a worst fashion.

2. He loses his focus.
            THIS
            ...or some variation of lack of mental stamina to keep his head in the game.
            Apart from AJ's china chin and apparent lack of physical recuperative ability, his shaky confidence is going to be a huge obstacle for him.

Comment

AJ has the sleeping disease with a case of shaky leg and Dr Eddy in attendance.

Comment

You can't get a chin stronger with more fights, it only gets weaker with age. No matter how big and muscular you are, it won't help your chin, HE CAN'T TAKE A PUNCH. End of story and career

Comment

I feel this article has made one crucial mistake and it can be summed up in the following quote:

"The loss to Dubois, however, came to a younger man he has felt superior to for a long time.
                  Joshua never particularly rated Dubois, the young buck who’d dared to disrespect him​"

I don't believe that to be true. The way Joshua looked in the first round was telling. He looked, scared, frozen. It looked like the minute he stepped into that ring, his body remembered their previous sparring session and the fear took over him. People talk about him not putting his hands up and sticking out his chin, leaving it exposed, forgetting the fundamentals, but I think this was done by a paralyzing fear that just took over his body. Only at the start on round 5 for about 1 minute he looked different, but by then it was too late. The damage had been done.

What will happen in the rematch? Same thing - Joshua will be overtaken by the same fear once again, except it will be even worse this time around because of the terrible beating he just took. That's all she wrote.
                  Last edited by BrankoB; 09-25-2024, 03:09 PM.

Comment

A.J has the puncher's chance but that's it. Dubois is younger and has been a man on a mission in his last few fights. I can see a nervous Joshua get knocked out in one or two rounds!

Comment

Working...
                    X