Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanmita Lopez De Jesus signs with Top Rank, bids to emulate father

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Juanmita Lopez De Jesus signs with Top Rank, bids to emulate father

Top Rank today announced the signing of Juanmita Lopez De Jesus, the son of former two-weight champion Juan Manuel Lopez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Juanma was a devastating puncher, and a damn good champion until he was ruined by the well documented cheat Orlando Salido.
    His son should turn out to be just as good a fighter as his fighter was, might turn out to be even better, time will tell. Good luck young blood.

Comment

My favorite fight of Lopez was watching him blast out Daniel Ponce Leon in the 1st rd. It was crazy exciting to see him demolish another big puncher and made it look too easy. Though yeah, his career went down hill once his chin got cracked. He was never the same. It was always a matter of time in any match that people were like, when will he be hit and knocked out? The rematch against Daniel almost didn't go his way. Was fun a fight too.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
        Though yeah, his career went down hill once his chin got cracked. He was never the same.
        That's how I remember him - how fast he lost his ability to hang in there and stay competitive.
        He was a great draw for fans like me while he was a star, though. I made sure to tune in.

Comment

Hopefully he has a better career than his father Juanma “Ring My Bell” Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
            My favorite fight of Lopez was watching him blast out Daniel Ponce Leon in the 1st rd. It was crazy exciting to see him demolish another big puncher and made it look too easy. Though yeah, his career went down hill once his chin got cracked. He was never the same. It was always a matter of time in any match that people were like, when will he be hit and knocked out? The rematch against Daniel almost didn't go his way. Was fun a fight too.
            He had Ponce De Leon's number. The second fight Juanma was more diminished and ended him the same way.

Comment

Lopez burnt out fast

Comment

The Salido fights were more then 12 years ago....

VcWeNRX.jpg

Comment

I wish we would have gotten JuanMa vs Gamboa at 126. TR always over marinated huge fights. Oh well, best of luck to the kid. Hope he's as exciting as his father was.

Comment

Working...
                  X