Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 'Animal' Artur Beterbiev repaired and prepared of undisputed Dmitry Bivol clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that Beterbiev has ever faced someone with the skill set of Bivol and I don't think that Bivol has ever faced someone as good and as destructive as Beterbiev. Can Bivol outbox him for 12 rounds? Yes. Can Beterbiev put Bivol to sleep with 2 or 3 heavy shots inside a minute? Absolutely. They are each others best opponents. None of us know what will happen, but invariably 50% of the forum member will be right after the fight with bragging right to go with that.

Comment

I don't have a dog in the race, but I think Beterbiev is too destructive and Bivol is making too much out of Canelo. I don't think Beterbeiv is worried about scaring people, like Benny and Morel. Thats what monsters do.

Comment

Beterbiev looked like someone slapped his puppy. I think he beats Bivol. Bivol was marked up pretty good against Canelo

Comment

The last guy to beat Beterbiev in the amateurs Usyk showed that he can be beaten by a high volume, solid, precision punching. The challenge is to do it for 12 rounds in the professionals.

Comment

I think one could say arguably the two best light heavyweights this century.

Do we say they're better than Kovalev, Hopkins and Stevenson were at this weight, probably. Ward was there briefly, controversial wins over Kovalev.

Do we go back as far as Moorer at his peak and Roy Jones? I think so.

I don't think the light heavyweight division has necessarily been one of boxing's most storied, but there were guys like Bob Foster, Archie Moore and even Hearns was at light heavyweight a little while.
            JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

Having followed Artur's career with interest for a decade now, I'm excited for this fight. Artur's knee injury and age level the field somewhat. Bivol is a master boxer & technician & I picked him against Canelo. However, I have to go with Artur by late stoppage here. His 100% KO ratio is testament to his skill at delivering his offence. To label him as simply a puncher is a mistake. His economy of movement and the power he generates from such short shots at such angles is devastating. I think the level of concentration he forces opponents to maintain is exhausting and allows him to force defensive errors and exploit them ruthlessly. That said, I rank Bivol as his most credible opponent & he definitely has a path to a decision victory.
              Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
                Beterbiev looked like someone slapped his puppy. I think he beats Bivol. Bivol was marked up pretty good against Canelo
                Dude Cheatnelo not once even remotely hurt Bivol. Bivol won every single round. But yes. He is gonna get knocked out by Beterbiev. 1000 percent. I wouldn't bet one cent on Bivol..

Comment

Working...
                X