Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fabio Wardley and Frazer Clarke ready to close the chapter on their rivalry in Riyadh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Fabio Wardley and Frazer Clarke ready to close the chapter on their rivalry in Riyadh

Fabio Wardley said he had "zero doubt" about taking the rematch with Frazer Clarke.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope Wardley wins I love his story and he seems a genuinely great guy.

Blue collar fighter in his 20s, no amateur experience yet knocking out amateur standouts that was members of team GB left & right. In theory he shouldn't have a damn chance vs them but here we are
    billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

Blue collar fighter in his 20s, no amateur experience yet knocking out amateur standouts that was members of team GB left & right. In theory he shouldn't have a damn chance vs them but here we are
      Dan... I followed Wardley coming up, truly felt he was a special talent, with, as you say, a great back story. He has got to get back to what makes him special and it is not coming in like a bloated whale. He has fallen in love with his power and in his last fight with Clark, lost all the wonderful footwork and angles he had used to get where he was. I hope he gets back on track... He was my favorite prospect along with Moses.

Comment

Bivol - Beterbiev is such a good fight it doesn't even need an undercard, but Fabio - Frazer is just icing on the cake.

Comment

Is that actually true about wardley having no amateur experience? I thought I'd read an interview where he said he'd been boxing since he was something like eleven years old? Maybe my mistake though, just asking.

Comment

I think both Frazier Clarke and Fabio Wardley, are in and around skill for skill the level of 'Danny Williams, Michael Sprott, Matt Skelton, Mark Potter, Juluis Francis, and more fighters from that era in British Heavyweight boxing. In fact if they where competing in that boxing era, I think they would struggle to win the Lonsdale British Title'.

I would actually back Danny Williams in his best form to beat them both 'That era of British Heavyweight boxing, in terms of the competition was booming. Domestic Heavyweight era's since then? There have been certain Heavyweight fighters, such as David Price, David Haye, Tyson Fury who were clearly miles ahead of their nearest competition'.

I would say the UK Domestic Heavyweight scene below both Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua 'Seems very similar in terms of ability, and the dynamic of the competition. To that Danny Williams, Michael Sprott, Audley Harrison era'.

It is interesting to see people, give serious credit and praise to those two fighters 'While fighters like Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte, were above Clarke and Wardley in terms of ability by quite a distance as domestic to European level fighters'.

I guess this is a attitude certain people have towards talent 'When a fighter reaches above Domestic level and is entering into European level. This is where the critics start to really kick into gear'.

Frazier Clarke and Fabio Wardley are solid enough as fighters to be appreciated 'But they have not shown the ability yet to be critiqued heavily, by the classic UK Domestic boxing fan. It just seems to be all pats on the back, for these two guys'.

Note: When Joe Joyce vs Derek Chisora was announced 'Many of these classic generic UK Domestic boxing fans where complaining that the fight should not happen. They where claiming that both Joyce and Chisora, were going to create some sort of boxing spectacle that was detrimental for the sport'.

When Joe Joyce vs Derek Chisora fought on July 27th 2024, to the contrary. Their fight was a superior level fight to Frazier Clarke vs Fabio Wardley I 'Both in terms of the competitive passion between the fighters, and skill for skill the action'.

Here are some statistics below of the two fights:

Frazier Clarke threw a total of 476 punches and landed a total of 151 punches. Fabio Wardley threw a total of 459 punches, and landed a total of 157 punches. Over the duration of a 12 round fight.

Joe Joyce threw a total of 835 punches and landed a total of 211 punches. Derek Chisora threw a total of 564 punches, and landed a total of 192 punches. Over the duration of a 10 round fight

To Conclude: The British title fight between Frazier Clarke vs Fabio Wardley 'Was a great fight. The competitive passion to win between the fighters, was of serious level. But I do believe that the fight, skill for skill and in terms of the ability on show has been completely overrated'.

Frazier Clarke and Fabio Wardley 'Lost the fight, due to conditioning in my opinion. The fight was there to be won in the latter part of the fight, if ether Clarke or Wardley had better conditioning. I personally don't rate the fight, as a Top-10 British Heavyweight title fight of all time. But this seems to be the narrative the media, and certain folk in the boxing community are trying to push'.

The winner of this rematch, I think a great match up for that fighter could be against Joe Joyce. The reason why I have not suggested Derek Chisora as a opponent for the winner, is because Chisora seems to have his own plans and trajectory that may not involved another British title fight'.

Both Frazier Clarke and Fabio Wardley are at the stage of their careers, where people will want to know 'Whether they are going to surpass Domestic Level fighting, and enter into European level fights with the ambition to attack the World level scene' etc.
            Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 09-26-2024, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Is that actually true about wardley having no amateur experience? I thought I'd read an interview where he said he'd been boxing since he was something like eleven years old? Maybe my mistake though, just asking.

Its true he only took up boxing aged 20 had four unlicensed white-collar fights all of which he won then turned pro.

Comment

If this fight is anything like the first fight then it should be a good one. Clarke will come in as the underdog.

Comment

Its true he only took up boxing aged 20 had four unlicensed white-collar fights all of which he won then turned pro.
                  Ok, I must be mistaken. I knew about the tough-man type fights but was sure he said he'd trained at boxing clubs since a kid. Still,whatever he did before turning pro he's doing well! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X