Who has a better resume?

Wilder with wins over: Ortiz twice and stiverne
    Dubois with wins over: joshua, hrgovic, miller
    Wilder
    7.14%
    Dubois
    92.86%

Dubois has the better wins.

Wilder has a string of title defenses, which do matter.

Comment

Wilder took a belt off a reigning world titlist. DuBois never has. Easy call.

Stiverne 1 was the best win listed.
      Last edited by famicommander; 09-24-2024, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
        Dubois has the better wins.

Wilder has a string of title defenses, which do matter.
        why do they matter if they were terrible? you do see the correlation between lots of title defenses and weak title challengers dont you? the weaker your title challengers are, the more title defenses you are likely to rack up. the tougher your title challengers are, the less likely you are to get a bunch, so in essence you are praising wilder for taking easy fights since he had so many title defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

why do they matter if they were terrible? you do see the correlation between lots of title defenses and weak title challengers dont you? the weaker your title challengers are, the more title defenses you are likely to rack up. the tougher your title challengers are, the less likely you are to get a bunch, so in essence you are praising wilder for taking easy fights since he had so many title defenses.
          I'm praising Wilder (and it's the only praise I can give Wilder) because being 'the man' carries it's own pressures. And every fighter you face is in the biggest fight of their life.

He was the one to be shot at for a long time. The level of opponent isn't worth much but it's elevated because he was a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
            Wilder took a belt off a reigning world titlist. DuBois never has. Easy call.

Siverne 1 was the best win listed.
            he has to be the worst name of all that i listed. do you know who stiverne beat to get that vacant belt...chris arreola. whats so great about that? arreola was ranked #9. hrgovic 5th when dubois beat him for a vacant belt. that makes stiverene better somehow? because he got an easier opponent to win a belt?

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

I'm praising Wilder (and it's the only praise I can give Wilder) because being 'the man' carries it's own pressures. And every fighter you face is in the biggest fight of their life.

He was the one to be shot at for a long time. The level of opponent isn't worth much but it's elevated because he was a champion.
              so bums become super bums because wilder cherry picked them? i dont really understand that.

Comment

he has to be the worst name of all that i listed. do you know who stiverne beat to get that vacant belt...chris arreola. whats so great about that? arreola was ranked #9. hrgovic 5th when dubois beat him for a vacant belt. that makes stiverene better somehow? because he got an easier opponent to win a belt?
                Hrgovic was only ranked where he was because he got a gift against Zhang. He turned his back in that fight and should've been TKO'd, and he should've lost on the cards even ignoring that fact. Arreola was a better fighter than any version of Hrgovic. Arreola even dropped Andy Ruiz and took him the distance a whole seven years after the Stiverne fight.

Comment

As much as I was entertained by Wilder fights, I think Dubois is already on a path of better competition. I especially liked how he maintained himself and handled Hrgovic.

Though for many, Ortiz was a tough fight for anyone that got in the ring with him. He was beating Wilder the entire 2nd fight until that 1 second where he wasn't.
                  El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

so bums become super bums because wilder cherry picked them? i dont really understand that.
                    Defending a title is different to fighting someone without anything at stake. It is.

I'm not claiming the guys he fought were elite, but he fought the best version that they could be in the biggest fight of their lives and that makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X