Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ahmed Seddiqi's mission to grow boxing in the Middle East

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Ahmed Seddiqi's mission to grow boxing in the Middle East

Ahmed Seddiqi has been a driving force in promoting professional boxing in the Middle East for over a decade, serving as a gym owner, promoter, and manager. He now runs Rising Stars Arabia, a promotional entity aimed at giving fighters from the region a platform to develop and become stars.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope he’s successful particular in the Asian area of the Arab world. The northern African sphere has always seen good boxers but outside of mustafa hamsho I don’t recall too many championship caliber Arab, Kurdish, Chaldean, Druze etc etc fighters

Comment

The Middle-East might produce some fighters, but Oceania is the REAL untapped market.

Those Maoris, Samoans, and Aboriginies are going to make great fighters once somebody finds a way to develop them.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
        The Middle-East might produce some fighters, but Oceania is the REAL untapped market.

Those Maoris, Samoans, and Aboriginies are going to make great fighters once somebody finds a way to develop them.
        Why would any of them go to boxing, most of them who are athletic (which is next to none btw, given them lil islands have the highest obesity in the world since Americas "testing") are all playing rugby which is essentially that regions sport of choice and they're THE dominant force in that region if not arguably the world...

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

Why would any of them go to boxing, most of them who are athletic (which is next to none btw, given them lil islands have the highest obesity in the world since Americas "testing") are all playing rugby which is essentially that regions sport of choice and they're THE dominant force in that region if not arguably the world...
          Have you seen what Canelo & Tyson Fury & Anthony Joshua make?

Now, as an American, I'm not familiar with the salaries of rugby players, but I gotta hunch they aint makin' what AJ & Fury do.

Comment

Have you seen what Canelo & Tyson Fury & Anthony Joshua make?

Now, as an American, I'm not familiar with the salaries of rugby players, but I gotta hunch they aint makin' what AJ & Fury do.
            There is about 10k boxers that we know of (at least according to boxrec) at 147-heavyweight they are what 3 that make any real money...

Average rugby player who's playing for their regional team is getting paid $200k+.

Compared to the average boxer who is getting $30k, you have to be a megastar in boxing to earn real money, the same can not be said for rugby.

Not to say $200k is a lot but it's way better then the average boxer is earning.

P.S. Forgot to mention of course the notoriety of being a big/the biggest name in what is essentially the national sport compared to boxing as well.
            Last edited by Boro; 09-27-2024, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

There is about 10k boxers that we know of (at least according to boxrec) at 147-heavyweight they are what 3 that make any real money...

Average rugby player who's playing for their regional team is getting paid $200k+.

Compared to the average boxer who is getting $30k, you have to be a megastar in boxing to earn real money, the same can not be said for rugby.

Not to say $200k is a lot but it's way better then the average boxer is earning.

P.S. Forgot to mention of course the notoriety of being a big/the biggest name in what is essentially the national sport compared to boxing as well.
              Dude, Derek Chisora is making wayyyy more money than that.

So, is Joseph Parker, Andy Ruiz, & Big **** Zhang.

Guys who are challenging for titles can make anywhere from $500,000-$2/3 million

Hell, Martin Bakole just made $375,000 to whoop Jared Anderson's ass.

If he fights again this year, he can absolutely clear $750,000 this year.

You don't have to be some huge champion to make millions in boxing.

Comment

Dude, Derek Chisora is making wayyyy more money than that.

So, is Joseph Parker, Andy Ruiz, & Big **** Zhang.

Guys who are challenging for titles can make anywhere from $500,000-$2/3 million

Hell, Martin Bakole just made $375,000 to whoop Jared Anderson's ass.

If he fights again this year, he can absolutely clear $750,000 this year.

You don't have to be some huge champion to make millions in boxing.
                No, you don't have to be a champion, I never implied you did.

You just have to be in the top 15 of the world out of 1000s and god knows how many who never even made it in the sport.

And happen to have your time in the sun line up perfectly with Fury dethorning Wlad and essentially reviving the heavyweight scene and in turn bumping everyone's purses.

Also having said time line up with the Saudis involvement in the sport.

Of course I was talking about the average regional teams wage not people who(have) play(ed) internationally which are obviously payed much more.

There is no reason to be talking about the top 10-20 players in the world because it's absolutely delusional to assume athletes are going to reach the pinnacle in their respective sports.

You're also not acknowledging the notoriety element in a world full of clout sharks it's a huge deal.

There is likely zero countries in the world where boxing makes the top 5 most "played" or "watched" sports and being involved in an extremely niche sport like boxing vs the national sport is a huge component in deciding the sport you pursue.

Just like how most larger athletic Americans have abandoned boxing for NFL/NBA the same applies for almost all other countries for rugby or football.

P.S. Don't know why you even responded in this manner tbh, I said average national player gets roughly 200k vs average boxer 30k, why you decided to go to the extreme outliers is beyond me.
                Last edited by Boro; Today, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X