Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua expected to exercise rematch clause against Daniel Dubois

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua expected to exercise rematch clause against Daniel Dubois

Anthony Joshua suffered the fourth loss of his 11-year career Saturday night against Daniel Dubois in an all-British battle at London's Wembley Stadium, as Joshua got dropped four times en route to a fifth-round knockout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Make or break fight for AJ
    If he loses even by a UD, he will be the next Del Bum.

Comment

Why did aj own a rematch clause here? He was the challenger!!!

Comment

Dont think he has much of a choice if he wants to continue fighting. Its definitely make or break for him. If he wins he can carry on as normal, if he loses a second time its all over.

Its another big fight anyway. Good for the division and for boxing. Hopefully it doesnt happen in Saudi though.
        Flap Mr WorldWide likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
          We all know why it's because he's the "A side" as Dubois wouldn't be able to draw that crowd without AJ, i'm sure Dubois wouldn't mind a rematch for that very reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
            Entitlement instead of earning it like the greats.

Comment

AJ better exercise his Retirement plans, trying to get a rematch is Suicidal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post

Entitlement instead of earning it like the greats.
                Coming in 2nd was shocking in my unbiased opinion

Comment

May as well give it one more go. Dubois is a formidable opponent beatable if AJ can get his head right. That's a big if though.

There looked like two very contrasting mental states in there last night. Even beforebthe first bell Joshua had that weird zombie-like look again like he was struggling mentally.

Dubois on the other hand seems to have gone from seeming quite timid earlier in his career to looking like he and his team have unlocked some inner fire and confidence. Congratulations to him, he's fought his way back into this position.

If I was AJ I'd probably take the rematch if I genuinely thought I could put on a proper performance and win. If he loses, I'd suggest he retire. He's made enough money and had enough punches to the head and concussions.
                  Last edited by Apollo7; 09-22-2024, 04:53 AM.

Comment

The fight wasn't even close, Dubois destroyed the hypejob.
                    Can the Aj Ben Davidson hype please stop now, last night Ajs chin was higher than Garcia. Aj was so scared of what was going to come back at him as he hasn't faced a big puncher since Klitschko he froze & any game plan went out the window.
                    Aj looked washed up just like another fighter recently that he ducked for undesputed back in18, Deontay Wilder is the fight to make before they loose again.

Aj never was what he's been made out to be.
                    Last edited by Bob; 09-22-2024, 04:59 AM.
                    Cortez Cortez likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X