Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois on Anthony Joshua KO: 'I proved everyone wrong'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois on Anthony Joshua KO: 'I proved everyone wrong'

Daniel Dubois was written off, but he didn't write back. Instead, in front of a record crowd at London's Wembley Stadium on Saturday, Dubois dominated, detonated and destroyed Anthony Joshua.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Truth.

Comment

Joshua completely underestimated him and got caught with a bomb instantly. Disaster.

Must be frustrating for Ngannou to see this. Just one shot was all he needed. This is power Joshuas weakness.
      ​​​​​​
      Last edited by automaton89; 09-21-2024, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I said it would be a dead even fight to the very end but felt Dubois had what I like to call a rage edge. God I love when I’m right/wrong.
        Last edited by Joseph; 09-21-2024, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by automaton89 View Post
          Joshua completely underestimated him and got caught with a bomb instantly. Disaster.

Must be frustrating for Ngannou to see this. Just one shot was all he needed. This is power Joshuas weakness.
          ​​​​​​
          Not quite that simple, Dubois won this fight off his killer jab in the first round which set the plate for Dubois to eat all night.

Ngannou doesn't have the boxing nuance or power to do what Dubois did to AJ...

Case and point - he kept his style exactly the same with the lead hand flared out guarding against the throw away lead hook Fury uses to create room for the right hand against AJ...

Anyone with a modicum of boxing IQ would've known to not use the same defensive and offensive tactics against different opponents.

The only thing Ngannou done well in either of his boxing matches was flaring his elbows in the clinch to avoid being mauled by Fury and to impose his own strength on Fury but you'd expect an MMA fighter to be more nuanced when it comes to clinches.
          Last edited by Boro; 09-21-2024, 08:27 PM.

Comment

In hindsight it's easy to see momentum was with ddd. He beats Miller and flip, and then they're underestimated?
            Fury made wallin and Francis look better than they actually were. Jermain and helenius win weren't as convincing as Ddd was against flip and miller

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              In hindsight it's easy to see momentum was with ddd. He beats Miller and flip, and then they're underestimated?
              Fury made wallin and Francis look better than they actually were. Jermain and helenius win weren't as convincing as Ddd was against flip and miller
              i agree . Joshua comeback wins were smoke and mirrors when you look at his competition, while Dubois come back wins were against legit dangerous fighters.

pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                i agree . Joshua comeback wins were smoke and mirrors when you look at his competition, while Dubois come back wins were against legit dangerous fighters.
                Yes a nd everyone saying if DDD gets hit by Josh as much as flip hit ddd, then it's goodnight ddd?
                Things aren't that straightforward. Firstly flip isn't a light hitter and neither is miller. And their chins are cast iron too

Comment

Anything can happen when two heavyweights collide. This said, Joshuahaha looked like shiat tonight. And he's looked liked this a few times. Too much money, lack of talent, overhyped by Hearn?.. Bit of all I guess.

Comment

Everyone missing one thing: DuBois had spectacular head movement!! He was slipping everything
                    Patsfan bri Patsfan bri likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X