Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney says Teofimo Lopez Jr. turned down October fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney says Teofimo Lopez Jr. turned down October fight

Devin Haney appears ready to resume his career following the rollercoaster circumstances from his last fight. Following a tumultuous build-up to his April 20 clash against Ryan Garcia, Haney was dropped three times and suffered a majority decision loss. However, on May 1, it was revealed that Garcia, who came into the fight 3.6 pounds over the 140-pound weight limit, tested positive for a banned substance. On June 20, the loss was changed to a No Contest and Garcia was suspended for a year due to the violation. By June 24, the WBC declared Haney the 140-pound champion in recess.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Who cares about this boring crybaby. i couldn't care less if 'Huggy Jab" ever fought again. Go show videos of your fights to people with insomnia and bore them to sleep.
    ClearwaterDave ClearwaterDave likes this.

Comment

If this is true, Teo is a basket case. He is chasing Crawford who is two weight divisions up on him and he has absolutely nothing to offer him in return, but at the same time refusing to unify a title at 140 lbs for Saudi money which I assume would be significant. I assume Teo is not scared as he fought Loma when everybody through Loma walked on water, so what gives? Teo's mental health?

Comment

Originally posted by BrankoB View Post
        If this is true, Teo is a basket case. He is chasing Crawford who is two weight divisions up on him and he has absolutely nothing to offer him in return, but at the same time refusing to unify a title at 140 lbs for Saudi money which I assume would be significant. I assume Teo is not scared as he fought Loma when everybody through Loma walked on water, so what gives? Teo's mental health?
        Fought Loma but was much heavier, got in critical condition after the weight cut in the next fight. Also he fought scared against Loma and basically got a hometown gift.

Comment

Originally posted by BrankoB View Post
          I doubt Teo is avoiding Haney, Haney just chatting shít to keep himself relevant.

As for Teo fighting Haney lets be fair here he's huge compared to Loma, the reality is Loma should really be at 26

And also even when you watch the highlights of Teo vs Loma the amount of "highlights" from Teo that are just punches on gloves and forearms is mind-boggling.

It's truly debatable if he even won that fight and it wasn't just a case of people including the judges just awarding him rounds because of the expectations placed on Loma.
          Last edited by Boro; 09-21-2024, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

I doubt Teo is avoiding Haney, Haney just chatting shít to keep himself relevant.

As for Teo fighting Haney lets be fair here he's huge compared to Loma, the reality is Loma should really be at 26

And also even when you watch the highlights of Teo vs Loma the amount of "highlights" from Teo that are just punches on gloves and forearms is mind-boggling.

It's truly debatable if he even won that fight and it wasn't just a case of people including the judges just awarding him rounds because of the expectations placed on Loma.
            Hard to believe any of that.. when Teo publicly turned down the Haney fight twice before.

’truly debatable if he even won that fight’

Loma is that you? When you do nothing for 6 rounds & then clearly lose the 12th - it isn’t really ‘truly debatable’.
            Competitive fight, I just struggled to give Loma more than 4 rounds with 5 being extremely nice.
            nghtmr111 nghtmr111 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by messi807 View Post

Hard to believe any of that.. when Teo publicly turned down the Haney fight twice before.

’truly debatable if he even won that fight’

Loma is that you? When you do nothing for 6 rounds & then clearly lose the 12th - it isn’t really ‘truly debatable’.
              Competitive fight, I just struggled to give Loma more than 4 rounds with 5 being extremely nice.
              Why would he duck a pudding like Haney when he's already fought at least two guys who were consider the #1 in their respective divisions.

Haney has a jab and a nice hug when the ref allows it that's about the extent of it, he's also likely shot after his trouncing from Garcia.

Literally watch the video the kid above me linked even his highlights have him hitting forearms, gloves and hips the majority of the time.

Not only in the highlights but throughout the fight in general and Lomas accuracy was far superior.

Also like round 2 for example Loma landed the best and cleanest combination of the round arguably winning it with the straight left, right hook followed by another straight left.

But people insist Teo sweeped the early rounds but don't actually rewatch fights or even pay attention to where punches are "landing".

Comment

Take the fight in Australia against Paro nothing in USA for you right now hide under another country is best
                BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

This is a fight that should take place. If Teofimo was not going to be ready by October, I'll give him a pass. But if he wants to be viewed seriously, he should consider getting in the ring with Haney one day soon - in fact, this should be his next fight.

Both fighters should be questioning where they stand at 140/147. This fight could answer this. Haney's loss was negated, but he didn't look sharp against Garcia. And while Teofimo beat Josh Taylor, IMHO, he was supposed to win - Josh Taylor is as overrated as they come.

If Teofimo does not take this fight, I'm going to view him as all talk.

There's no we he going to face Crawford. That's all talk. Bud ain't going back down to 147, and Teofimo ain't going up to 154/160.

And I don't know about you, but I'm not interested in seeing Bud VS Teo. I wanna see Bud against Canelo!

Give us fight fans Haney VS Teofimo!
                  BrankoB BrankoB pnut901 pnut901 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

Loma def bought trouble for himself by moving up past 126. Couldve been the champ and prob won many title defenses there.

It's a tough deal fighting at your everyday weight against guys 20+ pounds lighter than theirs (and its an especially big difference at lw).

Comment

Working...
                    X