Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez can do without David Benavidez, says Robert Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well of course Canelo can do without him but why ? It’s prize fighting I get it, but let’s be honest, Canelo doesn’t have to worry how he is getting his next meal. Boxing has become more of a business than a sport and in the end the fans suffer because of these “businessmen”choices. The fans miss out on the best fights in the sport going back to bowe /lewis, wilder/ Joshua just to name a few. What ever happened to fighting someone to prove you are the best ? Boxing is a business now and the paying fans will miss out.

Comment

I have never seen a fighter who is such an embarrassment in terms of cherry picking and ducking that multiple boxing sites literally write multiple articles making excuses for him.

It is astonishing.

Comment

Time and marketing has really changed how we define greatness. Greatness like Jordan willing to risk the entire rest of his career for 93 seconds with a broken foot. People who play til it’s over and there is no doubt who is the best. That has been lost. People now make arguments about pay and whatnot to justify things not happening. I’m a fan, I want to see the best versus the absolute best, anything else is pure bullshh. If it’s about money go make commercials, start a tequila brand and leave the sport..you’ll make more money anyway.

Comment

I don’t understand why canelo is being given a pass for not choosing to fight Benavides? He is literally stealing hard earned money from people who pay to watch these overly hyped matches with boxers who aren’t even classified as top contender's. The skill level in boxing has been watered down it’s pathetic. I bet marvelous Marvin Hagler is turning over in his grave. Smh

Comment

Nelo doesn't "need" anyone
            His 1st ballot HOFer career is already set.

Now we get to see if these boogeymen can step up and....take over !!!!
            HeyDeebo! A.B Counterhooks likes this.

Comment

It doesn't matter what that win/loss record looks like when it's all said and done. If Canelo doesn't face either Benavidez or Crawford, he will be viewed in the eyes of many as just a good Hall of Famer Mexican boxer. There is no way he'll be considered the best Mexican boxer of all time. The likes of Chavez, Morales, Marquez, Sanchez, and Barrera will potentially be rated ahead of him.

He's spent the last 4 years cherry picking his opponents. He's not giving the fans what they want....and seems to be padding his record with calculatedly beatable opponents.

Comment

Bivol > Benevidez

Canelo fighting and chacing Bivol means he isn't afraid of Benevidez.. The same Benevidez that couldn't KO Plant. The same Plant that Canelo KO-ed previously and the same plant that Mccomby put on the canvis a several times..

Well see what becomes of Benevidez soon enough though.

I predict he'll fight the loser of Bivol v Beterbiev and will most likely lose that fight.

Canelo will probably get the winner with the influence of his payday. He'll be an obvious underdog, but it is Canelo.. He is one of the only fighters in a long time to be fkN wildin' out here taking on real challenges.
                HeyDeebo! A.B Counterhooks likes this.

Comment

Find it amazing that Garcia would say Canela does not need Benavidez. If Canela does not fight Benavidez, for the rest of his life in Mexico or Hollywood, Canela will be known as a "COWARD" "CHICKEN????" "FRAUD" "CHERRYPICKER". R. Garcia does not need to worry about that, because they will not be talking SH?? about him. A true Champion, especially one from Mexico, fights everyone.
                  SteelFist01 SteelFist01 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
                    Bivol > Benevidez

Canelo fighting and chacing Bivol means he isn't afraid of Benevidez.. .
                    Its exactly what it would mean. Fighting Bivol twice when there is no demand, and Benavidez not once when the boxing world are begging for it? what else does it mean?
                    macmike100 macmike100 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
                      Bivol > Benevidez

Canelo fighting and chacing Bivol means he isn't afraid of Benevidez.. The same Benevidez that couldn't KO Plant. The same Plant that Canelo KO-ed previously and the same plant that Mccomby put on the canvis a several times..

Well see what becomes of Benevidez soon enough though.

I predict he'll fight the loser of Bivol v Beterbiev and will most likely lose that fight.

Canelo will probably get the winner with the influence of his payday. He'll be an obvious underdog, but it is Canelo.. He is one of the only fighters in a long time to be fkN wildin' out here taking on real challenges.
                      ———-
                      Canelo fought Bivol because he thought he would win. Canelo wanted a rematch but ONLY at 175. Bivol offered to drop down to 168 for the rematch, that way Canelo can never said he lost because he moved up in weight. Guess what Canelo did? He refused.

All Bivol wanted was to be undisputed at 168.

We can deduce one thing from that - Canelo is not ready to lose the belts he’s been holding hostage for a while now. It is the reason he has refused to fight Benavidez and the reason he has refused to fight Bivol at 168.

Comment

Working...
                      X