Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Former heavyweight LaRon Mitchell likes Anthony Joshua over Daniel Dubois

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Former heavyweight LaRon Mitchell likes Anthony Joshua over Daniel Dubois

Although former heavyweight LaRon Mitchell never faced the likes of Anthony Joshua or Daniel Dubois, he is well-equipped to assess their skills and believes is peaking at the right time.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yes, I think Josh outboxing ddd over 12 rounds is most likely. But this win could be Josh best win, so that puts into perspective the threat ddd poses.

Comment

“Growth and confidence,” Mitchell said. “For him to beat Jarrell Miller the way he did, especially after how Miller looked against Andy Ruiz, really raised my thoughts on Dubois. He’s confident and strong. ”
      Is this true though? Because Miller was very out of shape in the Dubois fight. For Ruiz he was way fitter - literally 33 pounds lighter

Comment

My head leans towards Aj but the more I think about it the more I think Aj has never faced anyone with power like Dubois since.... Maybe a 41 year old Klitschko or a 38 year old Povetkin.

Apart from Usyk, his entire paper belt resume consists of 5 38-41 year olds, an mma fighter, a few tomato cans & Parker like Aj at the time a belt holding prospect.

He's never beaten a prime elite heavyweight. He's only faced 1 & even he was 36 & probably past his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
          My head leans towards Aj but the more I think about it the more I think Aj has never faced anyone with power like Dubois since.... Maybe a 41 year old Klitschko or a 38 year old Povetkin.

Apart from Usyk, his entire paper belt resume consists of 5 38-41 year olds, an mma fighter, a few tomato cans & Parker like Aj at the time a belt holding prospect.

He's never beaten a prime elite heavyweight. He's only faced 1 & even he was 36 & probably past his prime.
          Trolling attempt aside - your argument makes no sense because Dubois is no better than any of the guys AJ has already dispatched. Who has Dubois beat? An out of shape post-PED Miller and Hrgovic who was stopped largely by headbutts and then of course Nathan Gorman....

Power doesn't mean that much to AJ. His chin would get folded by pretty much any HW who landed flush. He's used to protecting it his whole career

Comment

I really like that match up. Both have almost zero head movement, questionable chins and some people are still qustioning their hearts. But the momentum is perfetct - both are on a streak and full with confidence. For me it's really 50/50 fight ,maybe 55/45 in AJs favor just becaue of the size.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post

Trolling attempt aside - your argument makes no sense because Dubois is no better than any of the guys AJ has already dispatched. Who has Dubois beat? An out of shape post-PED Miller and Hrgovic who was stopped largely by headbutts and then of course Nathan Gorman....

Power doesn't mean that much to AJ. His chin would get folded by pretty much any HW who landed flush. He's used to protecting it his whole career
              What made his comment "trolling", everything he stated is factual.

Except perhaps not about DDD being the biggest puncher since Povetkin, Helenius is a/was just as a big puncher as Wlad/Povetkin he just didn't have the delivery system/skills to make use of his power similar in fact to David Price but Prices issues were more mental.

You think Miller who's weight has done effectively nothing but increase since his debut is an indication of him being out of fighting shape!? FYI he's been heavier than the Dubois fight.

As for Hrgovic he's a better recent win then AJ has had since Povetkin truthfully, which was 6 years ago so it's ill advised to downplay it.
              Last edited by Boro; 09-19-2024, 10:28 AM.

Comment

I am sure many honest people, have detected by now? That Daniel Dubois is completely shook 'I watched the grand arrivals, Dubois from my observation is shook'.

Daniel Dubois has never been to a big dance like this before 'Dubois was not a elite level amateur, and in his 4 biggest fights of his career? Dubois has already lost twice by knockout, he has never avenged a loss, so not only is he vastly inexperienced compared to Anthony Joshua. Dubois has not encountered or overcome the level of challenges which Anthony Joshua has during his career'.

Daniel Dubois team, and the media have made this fight out to be 'A match up all about power, brawn vs brute strength. When in reality stylistically this boxing match up, has many more factors and dimensions to the action'.

Dubois entire game plan, coming into this fight seems to be 'Look mean at Anthony Joshua, throw a few punches and just maybe Joshua will disappear. That is it'.

That is the narrative and game plan formed by certain sections of the boxing media, and Anthony Joshua's critics 'From the very first moment this fight was announced',

Guys, Daniel Dubois is not that type of fighter 'Why all of a sudden, are people trying to make out, That Dubois is some sort of Mike Tyson, Sonny Liston type of Heavyweight fighter. I have seen this narrative being promoted, about Dubois's stature as a fighter and the effect which he has upon his opponent's'.

No fighter Dubois has ever fought at a solid level, has been intimidated by him that much 'Daniel Dubois has just been knocked out by a jab, from Oleksandr Uysk. In a fight were his endurance was completely gone by round 5 to 6'.

Daniel Dubois does not have the most tested or proven durability in this match up 'Dubois has been decked by non proven power punching former cruiserweights like Kevin Lerena, and he has already been legitimately knocked out twice in his career by Joe Joyce and Oleksandr Uysk'.

Note: Dubois has never fought a proven World to Elite level power puncher and won 'Ever in his career'.

'Anthony Joshua is the only double jeopardy threat in the Heavyweight Division, he is the one of the most component and proven skill for skill pure boxers also? Anthony Joshua is one of the most proven power punchers in the division. No other Heavyweight in the division has that combination of attributes and level of threat at such a high level, Anthony Joshua is the only one'.​

As I have been stating for sometime, during the build up to this fight 'Many people are not putting respect on Anthony Joshua's game. But they are embellishing, and giving Daniel Dubois attributes as a fighter, that he has never really shown to a really high level'.

I don't think this fight is stylistically a great match up for Daniel Dubois 'And as I have stated before in my previous posts. Anthony Joshua has ability if he executes his game, to subject Daniel Dubois to his most server and brutal loss of his career by a miles'.

If Anthony Joshua utilizes his game and all of his power 'Dubois is not winning a single minute of this fight. In a 12 round Championship fight, the rounds last for a duration of 3 minutes. There will not be a single minute in this fight, or during any of the rounds where Daniel Dubois is winning the boxing contest'.

I actually have a genuine concern for Daniel Dubois in this fight 'I have mentioned before in my past post, that it might be better for his career over the long term. If Anthony Joshua blast him out, in a similar fashion to how he beat Francis Ngannou'.

But due to Daniel Dubois having more experience specifically in the sport of boxing, than Francis Ngannou 'That experienced may support and aid in his survival. But while he is surviving in this fight vs Joshua? Dubois is not going to be winning, only being systematically beaten up by a fighter with proven destructive power'.

To conclude: There is still time on the clock for Anthony Joshua's critics to check themselves 'What I mean by checking yourselves is this? You all need to prepare yourselves for what is about to happen on the 21st of September 2024'.

During the aftermath of this fight, whether Anthony Joshua's critics will be admit it or not 'They will leave this fight, with more respect for Joshua's game. Although I believe many of them already have respect for Joshua's game, after this specific fight their perception of the Heavyweight Division will alter dramatically'.

Many months ago, I stated that? A narrative will be created, which will promote the case that neither Tyson Fury or Oleksandr Uysk have to fight Anthony Joshua 'To prove unequivocally that they are the last man standing of their Heavyweight era'.

After the 21st of September 2024, that narrative in my opinion 'Is going to gain much more traction, and be promoted by certain folk within the boxing community'.

The most astute observers of this sport, the greatest analyst 'Already know right now as we speak, that if ether Tyson Fury or Oleksandr Usyk collide with Anthony Joshua. It is not about whether Joshua can win, it is about whether Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Uysk can survive the full 12 rounds vs Anthony Joshua'.

Anthony Joshua is stylistically the only double jeopardy in the Heavyweights Division, no other Heavyweight fighter 'Has Joshua's combination of attributes and skills to a comparable level'.

If Anthony Joshua utilises all of his power, and executes his game 'It is not about can he win, and beat his nearest competition. It is about, who is going to survive?'.

After the 21st of September 2024, this is what more people in mass will understand within the boxing community and beyond etc.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                  I am sure many honest people, have detected by now? That Daniel Dubois is completely shook 'I watched the grand arrivals, Dubois from my observation is shook'.

Daniel Dubois has never been to a big dance like this before 'Dubois was not a elite level amateur, and in his 4 biggest fights of his career? Dubois has already lost twice by knockout, he has never avenged a loss, so not only is he vastly inexperienced compared to Anthony Joshua. Dubois has not encountered or overcome the level of challenges which Anthony Joshua has during his career'.

Daniel Dubois team, and the media have made this fight out to be 'A match up all about power, brawn vs brute strength. When in reality stylistically this boxing match up, has many more factors and dimensions to the action'.

Dubois entire game plan, coming into this fight seems to be 'Look mean at Anthony Joshua, throw a few punches and just maybe Joshua will disappear. That is it'.

That is the narrative and game plan formed by certain sections of the boxing media, and Anthony Joshua's critics 'From the very first moment this fight was announced',

Guys, Daniel Dubois is not that type of fighter 'Why all of a sudden, are people trying to make out, That Dubois is some sort of Mike Tyson, Sonny Liston type of Heavyweight fighter. I have seen this narrative being promoted, about Dubois's stature as a fighter and the effect which he has upon his opponent's'.

No fighter Dubois has ever fought at a solid level, has been intimidated by him that much 'Daniel Dubois has just been knocked out by a jab, from Oleksandr Uysk. In a fight were his endurance was completely gone by round 5 to 6'.

Daniel Dubois does not have the most tested or proven durability in this match up 'Dubois has been decked by non proven power punching former cruiserweights like Kevin Lerena, and he has already been legitimately knocked out twice in his career by Joe Joyce and Oleksandr Uysk'.

Note: Dubois has never fought a proven World to Elite level power puncher and won 'Ever in his career'.

'Anthony Joshua is the only double jeopardy threat in the Heavyweight Division, he is the one of the most component and proven skill for skill pure boxers also? Anthony Joshua is one of the most proven power punchers in the division. No other Heavyweight in the division has that combination of attributes and level of threat at such a high level, Anthony Joshua is the only one'.​

As I have been stating for sometime, during the build up to this fight 'Many people are not putting respect on Anthony Joshua's game. But they are embellishing, and giving Daniel Dubois attributes as a fighter, that he has never really shown to a really high level'.

I don't think this fight is stylistically a great match up for Daniel Dubois 'And as I have stated before in my previous posts. Anthony Joshua has ability if he executes his game, to subject Daniel Dubois to his most server and brutal loss of his career by a miles'.

If Anthony Joshua utilizes his game and all of his power 'Dubois is not winning a single minute of this fight. In a 12 round Championship fight, the rounds last for a duration of 3 minutes. There will not be a single minute in this fight, or during any of the rounds where Daniel Dubois is winning the boxing contest'.

I actually have a genuine concern for Daniel Dubois in this fight 'I have mentioned before in my past post, that it might be better for his career over the long term. If Anthony Joshua blast him out, in a similar fashion to how he beat Francis Ngannou'.

But due to Daniel Dubois having more experience specifically in the sport of boxing, than Francis Ngannou 'That experienced may support and aid in his survival. But while he is surviving in this fight vs Joshua? Dubois is not going to be winning, only being systematically beaten up by a fighter with proven destructive power'.

To conclude: There is still time on the clock for Anthony Joshua's critics to check themselves 'What I mean by checking yourselves is this? You all need to prepare yourselves for what is about to happen on the 21st of September 2024'.

During the aftermath of this fight, whether Anthony Joshua's critics will be admit it or not 'They will leave this fight, with more respect for Joshua's game. Although I believe many of them already have respect for Joshua's game, after this specific fight their perception of the Heavyweight Division will alter dramatically'.

Many months ago, I stated that? A narrative will be created, which will promote the case that neither Tyson Fury or Oleksandr Uysk have to fight Anthony Joshua 'To prove unequivocally that they are the last man standing of their Heavyweight era'.

After the 21st of September 2024, that narrative in my opinion 'Is going to gain much more traction, and be promoted by certain folk within the boxing community'.

The most astute observers of this sport, the greatest analyst 'Already know right now as we speak, that if ether Tyson Fury or Oleksandr Usyk collide with Anthony Joshua. It is not about whether Joshua can win, it is about whether Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Uysk can survive the full 12 rounds vs Anthony Joshua'.

Anthony Joshua is stylistically the only double jeopardy in the Heavyweights Division, no other Heavyweight fighter 'Has Joshua's combination of attributes and skills to a comparable level'.

If Anthony Joshua utilises all of his power, and executes his game 'It is not about can he win, and beat his nearest competition. It is about, who is going to survive?'.

After the 21st of September 2024, this is what more people in mass will understand within the boxing community and beyond etc.

You like Josh chances against usyk in 3rd fight, and for goodvreason, Josh is good. But Josh v fury is what people want.
                  And usyk likely fights a parker, zhang and bakole as usyk wants to be a great heavyweight and would best be advised to pad out resume with different names.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

What made his comment "trolling", everything he stated is factual.

Except perhaps not about DDD being the biggest puncher since Povetkin, Helenius is a/was just as a big puncher as Wlad/Povetkin he just didn't have the delivery system/skills to make use of his power similar in fact to David Price but Prices issues were more mental.

You think Miller who's weight has done effectively nothing but increase since his debut is an indication of him being out of fighting shape!? FYI he's been heavier than the Dubois fight.

As for Hrgovic he's a better recent win then AJ has had since Povetkin truthfully, which was 6 years ago so it's ill advised to downplay it.
                    Now you are trolling. Hrgovic has never even beaten anyone who was in the top-10 at the time. And seems to excel at being a punch bag when he gets in against top fighters. All he really did against Zhang and Dubois was absorb punches well. Where is his boxing ability?

Joshua provably has the the most consistent record of fighting top-10 fighters out of all the HWs. Although I suppose you could make a strong case for Usyk even with the less fights. Joshua could never have got away with fighting guys outside the top-40 like Fury did with Swartz and Pianeta or a guy from a completely different sport like Ngannou!

How does Dubois have a better record than Joshua?

Comment

Working...
                    X